joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this just once  again the   superiority of the ecmwf  nd   EPS  over theGFS when  it comes  to east coast winter  

the  shift  in the 18z GFS  was HUGE

18z GFS WB snowfall map has 2 foot snowfall amounts around DC and 6 inch to 2 FT amounts from about Roanoke VA up through Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, to Boston.  

The thig it is sooooooo obvious   its not  AGFS vs euro thing

when you are dealing with  possible  big event  4 5 6 7  8  days out and the operational run of  ANY model
  is so    EXTREMELY  different  from the  models' ensemble   mean  it is a HUGE  warning sign

for whatever reason   with the  ECMWF  we   dont  nearly  as many instances of the op run being so  different from the EPS
mean  

Yea, big trend towards Euro no shock

Because it lost it.

You can't pick a winner, change your mind and then go back and claim victory.

Keeping h5 open for a couple runs and shifting the slp to the SE by a couple hundred miles at day 6 due to a late sloppy/phase is not losing it.

The Euro is a much better model but the gfs caught onto this storm first.

Why are people ignoring the fact the gfs had this before the Euro did?

I agree the GFS was 2 runs ahead of the Euro, to be honest its surprising. I realize, of course, particularly within the next 48-72 hrs we will go through major ups and downs but Im really hoping they are within reason. In a tough season like this I think it will be really hard to swallow for his forum if we wiff all together on this one with such incredible potential on the table

I agree the GFS was 2 runs ahead of the Euro, to be honest its surprising. I realize, of course, particularly within the next 48-72 hrs we will go through major ups and downs but Im really hoping they are within reason. In a tough season like this I think it will be really hard to swallow for his forum if we wiff all together on this one with such incredible potential on the table

It's really hard for me to get excited even though we are basically 5 days from the start of this "potential" storm. I do like that we are sitting on the northern fringe of this storm right now. If anything, I could see this shift north. GFS tends to overdo the suppression. Time will tell! All I know is to expect a bunch of changes and shifts until this thing is a nowcast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived