joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Clipper Systems Part II

mimillman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.8" as of a bit ago.  Not snowing as efficiently as earlier, and flake size is smaller, but still coming down nicely.  Started 2hrs ago so we've managed a respectable 0.4"/hr rate.  Better than I had anticipated.  Too bad the event will wind down pretty quickly in the next hour or two.

Not a bad total considering some of the drier models.

Looks like the best banding is just south of 88.

Not a bad total considering some of the drier models.

Looks like the best banding is just south of 88.

Yeah the flake size was better than anticipated, with nice dendrites falling in the more enhanced returns.  Outside of those enhanced returns it rained much smaller flakes.  I'm thinking LSRs were probably >15:1 thanks to that period of larger flakes.

Stars and moon are easily visible, with sort of a hazy look to the sky as very tiny snowflakes continue to rain down.  Sort of the opposite of the top down saturation process we saw earlier before the snow began.  The column is still saturated, and the ice crystals continue to descend from higher up in the atmosphere with little to no sublimation.  

Stars and moon are easily visible, with sort of a hazy look to the sky as very tiny snowflakes continue to rain down.  Sort of the opposite of the top down saturation process we saw earlier before the snow began.  The column is still saturated, and the ice crystals continue to descend from higher up in the atmosphere with little to no sublimation.  

When did F. Scott Fitzgerald join the board?  I don't believe I've ever heard a more elegant description of the now, bravo  :santa:

Archived