CHSVol
2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season General Discussion

Solak

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

Hopefully some warm wind too!

Looking good on the coordinates!  On another note, jshetley will be happy if the CMC verifies!

You really going to MYR this weekend?  

This thing isn't in a hurry, that's for sure.  If the NAM is right (LOL), this would be fun in MYR.  Looks like it could be a bit breezy.

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.53.58 AM.png

12 minutes ago, packbacker said:

LOL...just realized you are in Tallahassee now.  Big impact events just follow you!  

Haha, but I'm hopefully flying out back to Greensboro around dinnertime tomorrow, so I may not be here for it. :) I'm cheering the that the landfall keeps on getting pushed a big further into Friday morning so my flight won't get canceled. 

10 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

Haha, but I'm hopefully flying out back to Greensboro around dinnertime tomorrow, so I may not be here for it. :) I'm cheering the that the landfall keeps on getting pushed a big further into Friday morning so my flight won't get canceled. 

Well GFS came in stronger, west and slower again, tracks right over your crib and then up 95...washout on Friday/Saturday in NC.

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

You really going to MYR this weekend?  

This thing isn't in a hurry, that's for sure.  If the NAM is right (LOL), this would be fun in MYR.  Looks like it could be a bit breezy.

Yeah man, heading down tomorrow and coming back on Sunday.  With the westward shift now underway, I might miss the storm to the east, while you guys clean up!  The rainfall the NAM and GFS are printing now for the Carolinas is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Yeah man, heading down tomorrow and coming back on Sunday.  With the westward shift now underway, I might miss the storm to the east, while you guys clean up!  The rainfall the NAM and GFS are printing now for the Carolinas is ridiculous.

I assume the models have built in the dry slot over Jonesville, SC? 

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Although I will say that if the track looks like it'll be more west, I may wait to go until Saturday.  And then come back on Tuesday.  No Snow will have to lock it down for a day without me!

I really hope the west shift and the amount of rain here is wrong. Not going to make for a good last weekend of summer if it happens. Of course, it'll happen now like the models are showing, but come this winter we'll have a system for a big snow storm go too far east.

Could we at get a severe storm or tornado threat from it?

12 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I really hope the west shift and the amount of rain here is wrong. Not going to make for a good last weekend of summer if it happens. Of course, it'll happen now like the models are showing, but come this winter we'll have a system for a big snow storm go too far east.

Could we at get a severe storm or tornado threat from it?

Sure Brick.  You can have a tornado.  Enjoy.

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Too bad we're not looking for a winter storm because then we'd know those amounts would be wrong.

They are wrong. With a trough pushing east, there's no way this thing takes that much of a northerly/westerly track. The surface low is also likely well SE of where currently modeled. See Brad P's most recent vlog (can't embed) for further details.

Archived