Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season General Discussion

Solak

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, SN_Lover said:

Low pressure is going to consolidate south. Might actually go south of Cuba and limp until it hits the gulf.

How can you be certain?  Ya might wanna wait to see what the hurricane hunters have to say once they are finished checking out all of the mid/low level swirls going on today ;) 

19 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Brick, this is what you should expect to happen, as per usual:

The GFS (0 and 6Z) show nothing to speak of coming close to the US.  But the CMC and Euro have hits that move inland through the SE and give Shetley a LOT of rain.

The portals are flexing their muscles I see :lol: 

22 hours ago, downeastnc said:

Both GFS and CMC seem to have issues with whatever it is in the Bahamas later this week into next week....CMC landfalls a tropical storm into the central Florida east coast.

If you're pulling for a SE hurricane hit this upcoming hot pattern may help. If we were looking at a cool trough pattern the storms would either get blocked to the east or too far to the south.

Brick, this is what you should expect to happen, as per usual:

imageproxy.png.c71b94b91d97a42df0de773f619d6e.png

The GFS (0 and 6Z) show nothing to speak of coming close to the US.  But the CMC and Euro have hits that move inland through the SE and give Shetley a LOT of rain.

LOL....well the NAVGEM just came in with a big hit to the keys and entering gulf as a strong cane. Euro/NAVGEM combo is tough to beat ;-)

Will see if Euro holds soon though. GFS doesn't have squat.

4 minutes ago, packbacker said:

LOL....well the NAVGEM just came in with a big hit to the keys and entering gulf as a strong cane. Euro/NAVGEM combo is tough to beat ;-)

Will see if Euro holds soon though. GFS doesn't have squat.

Anyone know when recon starts coming back?

1 hour ago, FallsLake said:

If you're pulling for a SE hurricane hit this upcoming hot pattern may help. If we were looking at a cool trough pattern the storms would either get blocked to the east or too far to the south.

The models seem to be having trouble keeping all the potential systems separate....the next week or two will be interesting could be 2-3 systems to track at the same time.....pattern might make forecasting them a living hell though...

99L is starting to look too close to giving Lousiana some bad problems with their current situation.  I'd like the rains over this way, and for them to be out of harm's way.

It looks like today's 12z Euro is weakening the ridge a little bit slower, hence it come in further to our West?  Bad maps currently, so can't be sure.

Edit - Took a look at the 00z Euro ensemble Cyclone tracks.  Very clustered coming up through Florida, into Georgia/SC/coast.  Awaiting the 12z charts... interested to see if they shifted West also.

99L is starting to look too close to giving Lousiana some bad problems with their current situation.  I'd like the rains over this way, and for them to be out of harm's way.

It looks like today's 12z Euro is weakening the ridge a little bit slower, hence it come in further to our West?  Bad maps currently, so can't be sure.

Edit - Took a look at the 00z Euro ensemble Cyclone tracks.  Very clustered coming up through Florida, into Georgia/SC/coast.  Awaiting the 12z charts... interested to see if they shifted West also.

Big SW shift on the eps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Stormcatt said:

Big SW shift on the eps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently going to use Cold Rain's point and tend to believe the ridge (which will likely be strong!) won't break down as fast as previous Euro OP runs have shown.  Phil had posted on Twitter that more than half of the 12z members develop into a system.  The large spread of location is still there, but there are a lot less of them trying to creep up the Eastern Florida coast now.

I don't think as far West as Texas is too much in play, but I am worried for the Lousiana/MS area right now.  Then we would have to see what happens with the ridge after initial impact.  Lots of variables.

To top it off, we aren't even 100% sure we will have much of a system right now.  I'm leaning towards it, but the dry air and land masses around could throw a kink in things.  If it survives the track, it quite literally could go "boom" in the Gulf area.

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

Euro is being consistent.

You should see the EPS.  With obvious shifts, it's all over the place.  Those two charts aren't set in stone.  Look @ the difference of the "red stuff" and the strength of the storm between the two.

2 minutes ago, Shawn said:

You should see the EPS.  With obvious shifts, it's all over the place.  Those two charts aren't set in stone.  Look @ the difference of the "red stuff" and the strength of the storm between the two.

Yep, still time to go. Just glad we are finally chasing something! New Orleans cant get anymore rain. Gonna devastate the area if they do. 

The Cyclone Charts from ECMWF  that Ryan Maue puts on on Weatherbell took QUITE the shift west versus last night's 00z run.  I'm not sure if I can post them, so will refrain.  But instead of clustering up through Florida, into parts of GA, and riding the SC coast/off the coast of NC...

The chart is quite literally anywhere from Texas to East of Florida with the Operational/Control run's track smashed right in the middle.  2 of the members even track it into Mexico.

It could be a lot worse, but EURO is close enough to Baton Rouge to cause some real trouble yet again.

edit: wow, lots of places along that westward track would definitely not appreciate all the extra rain. Cotton has been hit hard in TX from what I've read because of the rain they've had already.

It's completely unscientific but I'm still waiting for the turn to the north nearly everything eventually takes. Maybe tomorrow's flight will have more information if they go ahead with it. Would be nice to start narrowing down the list of likely "winners" out of this one.

Archived