• Last Reply

Now that doesn't seem quite right... :Ptwo_atl_2d0.png

1. A tropical wave located over the far eastern Atlantic Ocean a couple
of hundred miles west of the coast of Africa is producing
disorganized showers and thunderstorms.  Some gradual development
of this system is possible during the next few days before
conditions become less favorable by the end of the week.  This
system is forecast to move westward to west-northwestward at about
15 mph over the eastern Atlantic through mid-week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent

0z GFS gets even more interesting... Stronger and a tad west of the 18z run. Down to 963mb about 200-300 miles off the NC coast. HP sitting offshore eastern Canada is something to watch.. If it were to trend stronger than it could push this thing west. Looks like we might have something to track. 

EDIT** The wave behind this one is weaker and did not intensify like it did at 18z but is there nonetheless. Things are heating up

Friday 00z GFS Run.png

The way I see it is we need a developed system in the southwest atlantic first then we can start worrying about where it will end up. Starting to see agreement on the future of 99l being somewhere in the sw Atlantic as a developed system so that's a good start.

11 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

Yeah - I get real concerned down here with runs showing this, and me in the middle ... personal history has us getting slapped in these sort of runs ....  but it is 10 days out .........

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_41.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_44.png

Don't get yourself worked up until you have solid agreement within 120hrs. Then it's time to start preparing.

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Don't get yourself worked up until you have solid agreement within 120hrs. Then it's time to start preparing.

I don't get worked up! Just an observation. Been here way tooooo long to take anything seriously until 72 hours out (i.e., Charlie)  ...    :~)

Prep - we're ready (for snow!!!!!)

9 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I wouldnt even prep 120 hrs out.....maybe 72 hrs.....you also have to consider most folks in the SE especially near the coast are pretty storm savvy.....we have been there before and eventually we will again......I just hope if it does come in the NC its a day hit, night hits are the worst. That last GFS run was very close to Floyd just shift the landfall to the NC/SC border....

Archived