Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season General Discussion

Solak

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Jon said:

Alright guys calm down with the Day 10+ fantasy canes. Haha. Although 99L does look interesting. It's got a lot to work with...

Yeah the biggest take away is that the models all have a storm that looks to threaten the US...still that CMC run was a nasty one and thats the kinda setup that gets a Cat 3/4 onshore in the SE....

58 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Yeah the biggest take away is that the models all have a storm that looks to threaten the US...still that CMC run was a nasty one and thats the kinda setup that gets a Cat 3/4 onshore in the SE....

I agree and most of the fantasy canes are at the 384 hour not 240. The models have been consistent lately with a cane either off the SE coast or NE GOM. But yeah anything can happen at this point.

On 8/17/2016 at 6:12 PM, ldub23 said:

Looks  like  it  is already drying  up. Why was  it  named?

On 8/17/2016 at 11:55 PM, ldub23 said:

The hurricane man on TWC said  it was a waste  of a  name  on a  puf  of  clouds.

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Stormcatt said:

12z euro develops a weak storm off the Florida coast and moves it due west into the northern gulf thanks to the ridge , approaching Louisiana by the end of the run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without violating any copyright or otherwise, can you post a map/pic (my Euro sucks!).

Without violating any copyright or otherwise, can you post a map/pic (my Euro sucks!).

So I've been down this road before. I don't know the rules here very well but I have talked to Ryan about this numerous times and the image I'm about to post is ok in moderation but not all the time for obvious reasons 1ecdeab74c38ac64cd7d8283577e766f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stormcatt -

Thanks!

Don't get close to the edge on what you can share! There's always a PM.

Anyway - living down here, when we see a post that suggests activity in the Gulf, and without all the tools at ready disposal (in this case top notch Euro), curiosity does prompt a "Can you post ...?" response.  :~)

Best!

Phil

Stormcatt -

Thanks!

Don't get close to the edge on what you can share! There's always a PM.

Anyway - living down here, when we see a post that suggests activity in the Gulf, and without all the tools at ready disposal (in this case top notch Euro), curiosity does prompt a "Can you post ...?" response.  :~)

Best!

Phil

No problem . Good idea about the PM. The 12z EPS gives some support to the OP . It was a far more active run vs previous eps runs over the last few days

Day 10 and 11

63915f2beec68e6a0df9cb6d56440f5c.jpg

e166e681b58dd4ae7a13a0d4d954df6e.jpg

4 hours ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

And the Euro.... Does this.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_atl_11.png

And in 10 days, we get a snow storm in the SE?

Seriously, 10 days is a long way away - but the models do keep suggesting and suggesting and for several runs they haven't backed off of something happening.

So - well worth keeping in tune to.

'Least ways down here.

Now on to board meltdown for the 1st snow ....

Archived