• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/17/16 Winter Weather Threat

packfan98

Could be a couple members went crazy...or its Jan 25 2000. I'm in until the end which may come tonight. You guys are in much better spot to see flakes especially NC west of 95.

LOL but it was the sref at 400 pm the evening of the crusher that first coughed up the 20 inch totals and got fish on the air at 500 pm evening newscast warning folks raleigh was fixing to get the hammer dropped.

Sure Brick will love my post

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does your met common sense tell you on this one Jon?

Can't really make much of it until I see how the HRRR and other SREF runs go after this one. But it seems like some of the 21z SREF members (arw) are too strong and amped up with very close coastal tracks, this is more than a best case scenario...but crazier things have happened so we will see. Not holding my breath on this one though. The SREF has screwed the pooch before as pointed out above, hard to trust it really until right up on the event.

I mean sref is 4 to 5 inches across good chunk of nc. Lollipop is 6 in western wake county. Apex of all places lol.

HRRR has been looking like Gold at 5h everytime it runs. But no matter how good people say the cook is, don't beleive it until you get the first taste in your mouth. Layman's terms proceed with caution with the short range guidance. Maybe the HH ingested some info into models on last mission on the west tracking beleive it or not now x hurricane moving toward greenland.

I mean sref is 4 to 5 inches across good chunk of nc. Lollipop is 6 in western wake county. Apex of all places lol.

HRRR has been looking like Gold at 5h everytime it runs. But no matter how good people say the cook is, don't beleive it until you get the first taste in your mouth. Layman's terms proceed with caution with the short range guidance. Maybe the HH ingested some info into models on last mission on the west tracking beleive it or not now x hurricane moving toward greenland.

How far west does it show accumulating snow? Thinking I'm to far west? 

How far west does it show accumulating snow? Thinking I'm to far west?

It's off the govt site and saw it posted on another board. I'd copy and paste but on my phone. Anyway it's 3 to 4 from west facing slopes to 85 then goes up to 5 with 6 Lollipop to 95, then zilch below 64 to coast but northern coastal plain gets 3 to 4. Has upstate in 3 inch shading. Suprised it's not been posted. It's a beaut.

It's off the govt site and saw it posted on another board. I'd copy and paste but on my phone. Anyway it's 3 to 4 from west facing slopes to 85 then goes up to 5 with 6 Lollipop to 95, then zilch below 64 to coast but northern coastal plain gets 3 to 4. Has upstate in 3 inch shading. Suprised it's not been posted. It's a beaut.

Ok, Thanks!!! Maybe somebody can get lucky and cash in (Brick)! 

GFS is about the same per- Robert-----Its the same for NC, lee side enhancement

that band north of the main low is for NC, its because of lee side enhancement, and lee trough, and the 250 jet, Its the same for NC, lee side enhancement

Theres going to be a separate band, in NC

I'll take lee side enhancement any day !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good grief. This event will be a memory in 48 hours and the models cant even settle on a solution for the next 36 hours. #winterfail

Models have been agreement for the last 24-36 hours. Just the strength remains the question and if the northern shield even reaches far enough to produce snow is the question. The jet is just horrible aloft and wont support a bombing out and the orientation and amplitude of the trough doesn't support it either. 

Models have been agreement for the last 24-36 hours. Just the strength remains the question and if the northern shield even reaches far enough to produce snow is the question. The jet is just horrible aloft and wont support a bombing out and the orientation and amplitude of the trough doesn't support it either.

Right and wrong. Strength is always a question up to the beginning of the event. No different here. The models have not been in agreement over the last 24 -36 hours. The king jumped north over 200 miles yesterday, the NAM fights itself on whether or not a storm even exists and the always spot on GFS keeps plugging away with the same solution like its no big deal. Just frustrating......

Apparently people choose to ignore your post. The orientation of the upper level winds is horrible for moisture transport. Expecting anything other than very light qpf is silly.

Great post and it's spot on

Great post , your points are dead on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right and wrong. Strength is always a question up to the beginning of the event. No different here. The models have not been in agreement over the last 24 -36 hours. The king jumped north over 200 miles yesterday, the NAM fights itself on whether or not a storm even exists and the always spot on GFS keeps plugging away with the same solution like its no big deal. Just frustrating......

I think the GFS will win out on this one only because its been so consistent last few runs, and that the others have pretty much caved to it is last 24-36 hrs. We shall see. We bout to the point now of looking out the window.

Archived