joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so far in the future that the discussion would basically be the same without a model to discuss. It's pretty much fantasy speculation. If this pattern ends up what our guys think it will, we will have chances. There's no need to fret.

I'm just encouraged it still has some semblance of a storm. All I need at the moment.

This is so far in the future that the discussion would basically be the same without a model to discuss. It's pretty much fantasy speculation. If this pattern ends up what our guys think it will, we will have chances. There's no need to fret.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.  I'd take the over on our chances of snow over the next two weeks.  

72-73 and 97-98 come to mind. Cpc has been showing plenty of 98 analogs lately. Also late Jan 83 which didn't do anything.

Don't over think right now. Just let it ride until Monday and see where we stand. Snow rarely has clarity or consensus until inside of 6 days or so.

I should have posted this in the other thread, but thank you for those dates. The more data the better in my mind!

I disagree. It will shunt it eastward but to suppress s/se it would need to be over northern ny state

Like the PDII or the PDI.

I agree though that a high doesn't necessarily shove the baroclinic zone too far southeast. A high in the Dakotas would be fine if it didn't extend as far south.

Too much would be my guess. At the very least I'd say that would send a low into the Tennessee valley. Didn't the GGEM show something similar?

Since the surface low was down in Brownsville I thought it'd head towards TNish and redevelop off the NC coast (hopefully). Obviously just filling time until 0z shows another solution. GGEM had a wonky idea of dual sub 990 lows heading N in tandem (one a cutter, it's twin a coastal).

Solid little 2-5" storm for parts of the Mid Atlantic

I'm not worried too much about the strength of the southern stream short wave.  But perhaps I should worry about it, as some of the experts have been expressing some serious concern about supression scenario. I believe these waves tend to trend stronger for the most part on the models as we get closer to an event.  The models will have a much better handle on that shortwave strength, placement, and interaction with other imbedded shortwaves by Sunday evening after the Redskins game.  Wish I could just walk away from the models until then, but I have the sickness. 

Solid little 2-5" storm for parts of the Mid Atlantic

Gfs is completely acceptable. Even a stronger wave into the TN valley that front ends us and dry slots is totally acceptable. Mixed event is fine. Anything but all rain. Thank you.

Yup, I'd take the event to take the lid off the jar. 

Archived