joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest takeaway from the GFS is that we're approaching a period that should be very active in the tracking department with multiple threats. Hopefully some late nights ahead.

It's unusual for the same general idea with the ensembles to be reflected in an op run like that. I suppose it's because real blocking makes things less complicated. And we haven't seen that for 5-6 years.

Obviously the details will drive a weenie crazy because ops are going to jump. Hard to get mad at the gfs showing 3 consecutive storms without a single cut or runner track.

#blockingftmfw

I expect the euro to disappoint but I'll stay up anyway.

It's unusual for the same general idea with the ensembles to be reflected in an op run like that. I suppose it's because real blocking makes things less complicated. And we haven't seen that for 5-6 years.

Obviously the details will drive a weenie crazy because ops are going to jump. Hard to get mad at the gfs showing 3 consecutive storms without a single cut or runner track.

#blockingftmfw

I expect the euro to disappoint but I'll stay up anyway.

I'll enjoy this GFS run for the next 45 minutes until the Euro shows a cutter and a suppressed storm giving Havana a blizzard.  

984mb low ENE off Cape Hatteras, its JUST going to miss being a HUGE hit. THis is a HUGE change from previous runs as it focuses on an entirely different wave. The energy we've been tracking is still West of Texas ...

The EURO is usually always first to pick up on major changes so this is either a blip or we have a legit threat to track now. 

I think the good thing here is that the euro shows a pretty big storm. So, we have the Euro showing a hit and a miss, but still its a big storm just hitting the deep south and just grazing folks up here.  The GFS run tonight, quite a few systems tracking, which shows you that we may have many systems to deal with.  

So, at least the Euro tonight is showing a big storm. It may not be the track we want, but in the big picture here, the big dog as DT would say is still on the table here.  No doubt more changes likely in the coming days.  

Archived