• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Oh do you know somebody who went? We were right there. The Island is mostly a national park so there are tons of things to do as far as outdoor stuff goes. Hiking to beaches is one of them. We hiked to one yesterday and we were one of 3 people there. Felt like lost. The main town itself has tons of bars and restaurants. St Thomas is more active as far as nightlife goes. We walked to this one beach the other day, right down from where we are staying. It was recommended for snorkeling. We get there, and all of the sudden these guys showed up with massive speakers and just started playing all sorts of stuff..lol. It reminded me of college :lol:

Yeah I know some folks who went there. I like the less developed aspect of that island. Or like the sound of it anyway. Caneel bay in town there has some stuff so you don't get too bored at night.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I know some folks who went there. I like the less developed aspect of that island. Or like the sound of it anyway. Caneel bay in town there has some stuff so you don't get too bored at night.

Yeah we said the same. St John was more our speed I think, but both are beautiful. St John actually reminded me of Kauai a bit.

I went over to St John's twice. Loved it. That was from St. John.

Loved St. John, I mean those beaches are tough to beat. Plus I enjoy the snorkeling aspect.

On St. Thomas we're usually at the Frenchman's Reef, but bounce around on different day trips.

I'll say it was the two for one mudslides at the hotel that probably gave me the final push to ask my fiancee's father for his blessing last year.

Loved St. John, I mean those beaches are tough to beat. Plus I enjoy the snorkeling aspect.

On St. Thomas we're usually at the Frenchman's Reef, but bounce around on different day trips.

I'll say it was the two for one mudslides at the hotel that probably gave me the final push to ask my fiancee's father for his blessing last year.

:lol:

They do it right here. Best drinks. Pack a punch too. But have to be careful if you need to drive. Left side of road FTL.

:lol:

They do it right here. Best drinks. Pack a punch too. But have to be careful if you need to drive. Left side of road FTL.

We've always used the cabs. Still a little unnerving to drive with them too! We've only ever had to drive to Magen's Bay, golf, and the restaurant Oceana though.

Why go anywhere with this view though?

post-44-0-90674700-1451957537_thumb.jpg

We've always used the cabs. Still a little unnerving to drive with them too! We've only ever had to drive to Magen's Bay, golf, and the restaurant Oceana though.

Why go anywhere with this view though?

attachicon.gif1017659_10101422673397905_250187528_n.jpg

If you crop the palms out, that reminds me of Bar Harbor.  

I need to get a passport and start going through all those islands down there.  

If you crop the palms out, that reminds me of Bar Harbor.  

I need to get a passport and start going through all those islands down there.  

Best part is you technically don't need one for Saints Thomas and John. Probably best you do though, just in case or if you want to hop over to Jost, Tortola, etc.

Random, but was reading Love's Labours Lost and found Kevin's "seasons in seasons" mode of thought expressed as only Shakespeare can:

Why should proud summer boast before the birds have cause to sing? 

Why should I joy in abortive birth?

At Christmas I no more desire a rose than wish a snow in May's new-fangled earth;

But like each thing that in season grows.

Archived