Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some shots from starting off the new year on Cascade Mt. in the ADK's. Had consistent snow all day ranging from flurries to brief periods of SN, mostly SN- though. Resulted in around 1.5" on my car at 2000' and 3-4" at 4000'. One winter 46er down, 45 to go(I finished my summer round in 2011, but had never done a winter hike until yesterday).

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

IMG_6884.jpg

IMG_6889.jpg

IMG_6897.jpg

IMG_6901.jpg

IMG_6910.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

IMG_6947.jpg

Cool pics..my dad tried to do the 46er club..but came up short..when he moved to southern Connecticut..just never had time to get back up there and finish it..pretty awesome you finished and now doing winter...have fun.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what's been going around sick wise? I haven't been this sick in a while. Been sick since Christmas Day, however, it's been getting progressively worse the past 3 days. My nose is like a faucet and it's a gross green, my entire body is sore, and now it feels like it's progressing to my chest. I may end up having to go to the walk in clinic but I have no time...have to work.

Does anyone know what's been going around sick wise? I haven't been this sick in a while. Been sick since Christmas Day, however, it's been getting progressively worse the past 3 days. My nose is like a faucet and it's a gross green, my entire body is sore, and now it feels like it's progressing to my chest. I may end up having to go to the walk in clinic but I have no time...have to work.

Sounds like what ever you had initially, progressed to a sinus infection. You need antibiotics so you'll have to go to a walk in...but once you're on meds it will clear up fast...good luck

I remember you saying you never get sick a few weeks ago. Wash your hands and don't touch anyone else's hands

Go tonight after work...you don't want the infection spreading...pneumonia sucks, plus some bacteria actually target the heart muscle...that would suck worse

I'm going first thing in the AM. I went in the hot tub earlier and holy crap dos that help. My friends dad also gave me some pills to take tonight. Can't wait to go

Oh God. That makes sense b/c my whole face is starting to hurt right around my cheeks

Go see your pcp and (most likely) if it's a sinus infection get an amoxicillin scrip. Despite the antibiotics, it may still end up presenting a mild to moderate cough that will go through a productive then dry stage. Try to eat healthy and have a steady, moderate intake of water and non-sweetened, non-citrus juices. Avoid excess dairy and fried foods.

Reading over our annual summary for PWM, 2015 was quite a year. Measurable snow at least every two days from late January through late February. Coldest February on record, but warmest May, September, and December. Hitting 91 on May 26th was the first 90 degree day since September 2013. The first 50 degree day was nearly a month late, but we only hit 50 again on June 2nd (coldest June high in nearly 60 years). Warmest day of the year (92) was September 7th. Ranked in the top 10 for both mins at or below 0 and at or above 60. Oddly, 22 days with at least 1 inch of snow (most since 2005), but only 3 with more than 6 inches (fewest since 2010).

Archived