• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

That was pretty funny. Probably get slammed by ER, but what the hell. I think it was written for a certain local media met to ponder...maybe not.  

We have/had/ a certain met/mets on a certain news channel down here that literally would reword the CAE discussion to make a forecast for TV.  We need more fun in the discussions just to see the outcome.  Not less.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I wouldn't chase this pending event anywhere.  There will be a bigger event sometime this Winter.

Exactly.

Mountains. I think it's still a coin flip for those of us in the piedmont.

Yeah, I think we have a shot at something and could even outperform the mountains (though the highest elevations will still get more in almost any scenario) depending on how the bands set up (as the 95% WPC map indicates), but we also have a much higher bust potential.  The mountains should get theirs, no matter what.

Personally, I wouldn't chase this pending event anywhere.  There will be a bigger event sometime this Winter.

But will the next big event be on a Saturday night when most people are off work?

I'm chasing because it only takes me 50 minutes to get to my inlaws' house on the NC/SC border at 3,000ft.  I like visiting with them anyways so it's a win/win for me.

Ok guys I think I'm headed to NC, but looking at the maps from WPC it looks like my best bet to see significant snow is east of the mountains ? I was thinking of going to West Jefferson but if I'm reading the maps right it looks like areas lower in elevation like Asheboro has a better chance.

I don't see how you could think Asheboro stands a better chance of getting significant snowfall than does West Jeff.  I don't think you're reading those maps right.  Map reading is important when going on a long trip, though.  Just a public service announcement.

Oil change- Check

Tires rotated- Check

Deicer/windshield fluid- Check

Brake fluid- Check

New windshield wipers- Check

Snow shovel- Check

Jumper cables- Check

Game on!!! Saved myself alot of money, done it all by myself. Ready for a snow chase. Am I missing anything guys, any suggestions?

Snow.

GSP being a little generous for MBY next week  :pimp::weenie:

Thursday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Friday
Rain and snow likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Archived