Toothache
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow.

:lol:

It's a damn shame that when we actually do finally  get a gulf low with decent strength and a good track, naturally there isn't much cold air to work with and  the damn thing flies like a bat out of hell. Between 0z and 06z tonight, this low will travel about 388 miles per gfs....which gives a speed of about 65 mph :axe:

Hail to the King! 

attachicon.gifking.jpg

It's a shame this storm won't be bigger and more memorable so people will remember the gfs kicked the euro's ass.

I just realized the gfs hammers the mid atlantic and dc with heavy snow with the storm next week. UGH..I can take a crappy winter so long as dc gets screwed too..but having a crappy winter while seeing DC getting hammered makes me physically sick.  Unless that storm produces here, I guess now i'll have to root against it hard. Sorry western nc :(

I know it may sound crazy to you NC folks to chase a 1-3 event but that's a big event for someone who lives south of I-20

I was wondering if you would. Last night was looking a bit bleak, but the improvements today are quite encouraging. Good luck.

I love the January 2000 comparisons we get with every snow event.

That will not happen like that again in our lifetimes. The models are better than that now. NO ONE saw that coming even 1-2 hours out. As far another big storm taking that kind of track, it's possible, but not likely anytime soon.

Archived