Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the latest euro run. For the RDU folks this has the signature of a 96 repeat; with maybe a little more snow at the front and end.  

I was living in Wake Forest when the storm hit. We received a mixed bag but during the height of the storm it was all sleet. 14 hours of heavy sleet. I shoveled off my deck and steps, and had to stop at the bottom step because that was the level of the sleet. It was then funny walking around the yard 6" taller.    

I liked the latest euro run. For the RDU folks this has the signature of a 96 repeat; with maybe a little more snow at the front and end.  

I was living in Wake Forest when the storm hit. We received a mixed bag but during the height of the storm it was all sleet. 14 hours of heavy sleet. I shoveled off my deck and steps, and had to stop at the bottom step because that was the level of the sleet. It was then funny walking around the yard 6" taller.    

I wish somebody would post a snow map!  I can't see the track on ewall.  Does it track offshore?

Can someone tell me how to turn on the option to see who is reading the current thread that shows up at the bottom of the webpage? It was showing this a few minutes ago and now it's not. Maybe I turned it off somehow.

I believe it's one of the things that is hidden when the board is converted to storm mode.  I doubt you'll see it again for the next few days.

My guess is that it will end up in that ballpark but may be a little low, like you said.

Just given the qpf amounts that models have been putting down across the area i see 8-12 in the northern mountains and 4-8 in the southern mountains as a little low. Especially since it looks to be mostly if not all snow

Chili is in the crockpot.

Seriously, the best thing about a potential storm is going to the grocery store before everything hits the fan so you can prepare a feast to enjoy* for days after the event

*or cry into as you're eating your feelings because that warm nose just crushed your hopes and dreams

Archived