Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so damned confused.

Yesterday, EURO was a godsend. We wanted it. We needed it. It was our only hope. GFS was a disaster for everyone in the SE. We wanted the GFS to trend to the EURO.

This morning, the EURO is all of a sudden awful for everyone and and we're rooting for the GFS to be right after all?

How was it awful for everyone? That's not was I was looking at at 0z

I'm so damned confused.

Yesterday, EURO was a godsend. We wanted it. We needed it. It was our only hope. GFS was a disaster for everyone in the SE. We wanted the GFS to trend to the EURO.

This morning, the EURO is all of a sudden awful for everyone and and we're rooting for the GFS to be right after all?

I pulled the map from the MA thread so I'm assuming it's allowed. Unfortunately I don't know what the southern end of the snow looks like.

post-9415-0-78883100-1453271967.jpg

I'm so damned confused.

The ECMWF is more than fine for everyone in the western third of NC and for most locations in VA.  Hefty snowfall totals there.

My gawd people.....stop with the mby posts and one liners. I have started handing out warnings/5 postings/timeouts. :angry:  If you have had your posts disappear....start posting in the banter thread before you find yourself on the outside looking in   ;)

tell me about it.   I try to take into consideration that newbies are excited and  don't know the rules really and i don't want them coming away thinking we are all just a bunch of *ssholes but i'm about at my limit. What bugs me more though is a lot of it is being done by people who should know better.

Updated my post since we are so close in area let me know what you think :)

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47661-jan-22-23-east-coast-storm/?p=3886002

Replying in Banter so as not to clutter up the Disco thread:

I think your post provides a wealth of graphical information.  It saved me from having to look it up myself.  I can sense your enthusiasm about the weather and this storm in particular.  And, I think we both stand a good chance to do quite well with this storm.  :)

JMO, of course, but people might want to ease off of saying "everyone" is thinking one thing or another - from where I sit it comes across as (best case) a pretty passive aggressive way of calling out some people who either don't know any better or have been around long enough that other users should know their schtick and ignore it, or worse, willfully misconstruing whatever these "everyone" people are saying as a way to let of some steam.  Again, this is just my opinion, but all it really does is exacerbate a divide within the community.  One of the best things about these boards is that you're gonna get a point of view from just about every spot on the spectrum of whether something actually is a threat or not.  And this is great!  I've enjoyed and learned a TON on these boards since eastern and a big part of that is from reading opposing takes on how a prospective storm is going to evolve and then just seeing what it does.  But to essentially mock the other side because it's rubbing you the wrong way?  That's completely unnecessary and just gets people salty for no reason.

My two cents - back to my closet to watch how the storm unfolds!

(I've been hanging around here for a couple of years as a lurker, not even remotely a met (even amateur) but I'm pretty good at picking out the culture of different message boards. This morning I can't tell the trolls from the newbs from the merely hysterical. Maybe I just need more caffeine though.)

(This forum also has an extremely high sarcasm quotient, which I'm fine with in principle, but I bet it confuses the heck out of outsiders. Which is ... our own problem.) 

Overcast in RTP. 

(I've been hanging around here for a couple of years as a lurker, not even remotely a met (even amateur) but I'm pretty good at picking out the culture of different message boards. This morning I can't tell the trolls from the newbs from the merely hysterical. Maybe I just need more caffeine though.)

Overcast in RTP. 

Sometimes its a crap shoot. Glad you are here.

JMO, of course, but people might want to ease off of saying "everyone" is thinking one thing or another - from where I sit it comes across as (best case) a pretty passive aggressive way of calling out some people who either don't know any better or have been around long enough that other users should know their schtick and ignore it, or worse, willfully misconstruing whatever these "everyone" people are saying as a way to let of some steam.  Again, this is just my opinion, but all it really does is exacerbate a divide within the community.  One of the best things about these boards is that you're gonna get a point of view from just about every spot on the spectrum of whether something actually is a threat or not.  And this is great!  I've enjoyed and learned a TON on these boards since eastern and a big part of that is from reading opposing takes on how a prospective storm is going to evolve and then just seeing what it does.  But to essentially mock the other side because it's rubbing you the wrong way?  That's completely unnecessary and just gets people salty for no reason.

My two cents - back to my closet to watch how the storm unfolds!

Good post.  Claiming EVERYONE is saying one thing or another makes you look dumb, because that is not and has not been the case.  On the other hand, the chicken little sky is falling thing is silly too.  Questioning something should be ok, and I think it generally is.  But countering someone else or declaring something to be the case without analysis isn't likely to be met with a warm welcome.

The bottom line is, we are two days away from the start of the event (from the perspective of the latest model runs), and that is an eternity for things to change...for the better or worse.  There is no reason to either take a victory lap or head to the garage just yet.  Stay on the track and let's see what happens.

Things are all over the place today. The same folks who were riding the Euro since last week now say the GFS is better for the Triangle. Some people saying it's moved south, while others say north. Either an epic storm or just some freezing rain with rain and a little bit of snow. Crazy.

I think you can rule out epic storm for your house.

(This forum also has an extremely high sarcasm quotient, which I'm fine with in principle, but I bet it confuses the heck out of outsiders. Which is ... our own problem.) 

Overcast in RTP. 

:lol:  yes they do  :lol:  

Set a record yesterday

Indeed   :weight_lift:

So an inch or so of snow that quickly washes away with maybe .25 of frz for RDU. Sweet!

I wouldn't really say that. Mixed bag yes, wash away? Wouldn't wuite say that. Start as snow...wouldn't say that. Start icy end as snow is what I'm hearing? No expert. Still evolving. Could go either way. Could shock us. Could be tears or cheers.

Overcast in RTP. 

:lol: This line absolutely cracked me up....because its true and i don't blame you :arrowhead:

Archived