wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come around on naming of storms. Initially thought it was silly, but it can actually help in this day of social media. And for archiving data/info purposes, it's a heck of a lot easier to do it by name than date. How many people remember the exact date of Andrew or Isabel or Hugo? You sure remember the name. 

I've come around on naming of storms. Initially thought it was silly, but it can actually help in this day of social media. And for archiving data/info purposes, it's a heck of a lot easier to do it by name than date. How many people remember the exact date of Andrew or Isabel or Hugo? You sure remember the name.

I agree, but some of the weather Channel names are just odd....winter storm Yolo? Hope we never get to that one, unless I get 12 inches of snow from it

I'm all in. I hashtagged #Goliath a few times.

Yea it's a little insane to go to storm mode this early. In my 13 years on the boards i never remember it happening this far out.

I picture it as tracking 2 cars about to collide. If each model run increases the speed of one car until they hit that doesn't mean the next run will also hit. It could continue speeding up the car until it's miss on the other side. So yea I'm a little cautious at this point until we see a few more runs showing a hit. Tuesday morning...storm still there...I'm in.

Archived