Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm calling this one early.....

When will the first dumbass post about being upset about a watch or warning?

Serious question for someone with knowledge to answer it:  Does the severity of a threat influence the lead time for watches / warnings?  I don't remember how soon in advance these were posted for big past storms where there was good model consensus days prior to the storm (such as Feb 2010).

News hype machine has begin.   Just woke up and turned on our local Fox 5 news for an unrelated matter and the weather happened to be on.   Oy.   Not sure why he would show this today.  He mention the caveats sure, but I guarantee you all the general public heard was one to two feet and that's it.  Too early IMO.

https://youtu.be/UWRsOLWJT1o

I'm calling this one early.....

When will the first dumbass post about being upset about a watch or warning?

I say Tuesday evening.

As for me, I will be spending two days worrying when various runs tend toward rain or too suppressed. Bob just gave me something to worry about with the para note.

Also, I cannot get what happened to NYC out of my mind with the two to three foot forecast last year that ended up 6-8 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox 5 just showed their version of the euro snow map and stated 1-2' is in the realm of possibility. Higher confidence than normal because the euro showed it. Lol.

I can't comment on the storm particulars on the euro because I can't see it. However, that is one massive shift on the euro snow map. State College went from 25" to nothing.

Archived