amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really should give the honor to the dude that started the first thread. He was crushed to dust but he did start the thread for it.

No.  I have names for this storm already.

The Jan 22 GFS is crap outside of 84hr storm

The Jan 22 Para twins storm

The Jan 22 PD3 CMC rain storm

The Jan 22 Can't post Euro snow map storm

When was the last time you guys got really clocked? Was it Feb '10? Jan '11? Here's hoping for a juiced up crawler of a Miller A to paralyze to whole EC.

2/14 I think... Most got double digits, if not near 20" when all was said and done

When was the last time you guys got really clocked? Was it Feb '10? Jan '11? Here's hoping for a juiced up, crawler of a Miller A to paralyze to whole EC.

Feb 2014 was the last widespread 12"+. I got 16" or so. But it was underrated because it all happened at night and then dripped all day before the ull pass that didn't produce well.

When was the last time you guys got really clocked? Was it Feb '10? Jan '11? Here's hoping for a juiced up crawler of a Miller A to paralyze to whole EC.

Bob and Mappy already mentioned it but yeah, Feb. 2014 was the last real "clocking" so to speak.  Where I'm at, we got 12" overnight before it changed to sleet for awhile, then light rain and drizzle for awhile.  Then the ULL went through.  I got 2" more from that here, but it really did under-perform compared to what some others got.

Also, your SN is awesome. Cracked up.

LOL!  Thanks, I had to go with something chess-related (not that I play regularly or am any good, but I do enjoy the game!).  This seemed oddly appropriate, not just for the chess reference, but in general, hahaha!

If I see a thread before 0z Tuesday, I'm nuking it and the creator

IF we get a MECS and somebody else starts the mid/long range thread I'm gonna....I'll....well....you know what I mean. :lol:

Of course if we don't get at least 2-3" (can't remember my vow) I'm banished to never starting another thread.

Lot on the line here with this one. Go easy. I'm a nervous wreck. Picked a bad week to stop doing amphetamines.

Should we still be chasing a pattern or is it ok to enjoy this potential storm?

Hopefully we can get some cooperation from AO, NAO, EPO, PNA, PDO, ENSO, QBO, Caspian Ridge, Greenland Ridge, Siberian snow cover, Canadian snow cover, SSW, MJO, gravity waves, and the polar vortex. Otherwise, I don't think a storm is very likely. :(

Hopefully we can get some cooperation from AO, NAO, EPO, PNA, PDO, ENSO, QBO, Caspian Ridge, Greenland Ridge, Siberian snow cover, Canadian snow cover, SSW, MJO, gravity waves, and the polar vortex. Otherwise, I don't think a storm is very likely. :(

Violently agree!!!!!!!!!!

And we have to have confirmation from the EPS, GEFS, GGEM, CPC, WPS or we are SOL.

Archived