joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes for the most part it is acting like a Nino. My point was the precip anomalies indicate its different in some aspects from your Nino years. If you're referencing Larry Cosgrove, yes I do follow him and I use analog forecasting for long range as I find it works quite well. I do my own research and choose my own analog years, if you take the time to look at my analog set and compare it with his you will see I chose only a few years while he chose many different ones and had different reasoning for doing so. Mine was to simply use the strongest El Nino years and use analogs based off of that, his data included many other factors and years which gave him a different result for several of the same months. If I was simply copying him or someone else I would have used the same years and paraphrased his research. I did not do so. Also the La Nina comment he may have made but I am not aware of it if he did make that claim. I am simply observing that there are some differences in this Nino compared with analogs (warm November when it should be cold, precip anomalies are different as well).

However I am going to let this discussion rest from here on out. We obviously disagree and the best course of action is to leave it at that. I will continue presenting data from time to time in the main thread about the pattern changes and I hope January/February does verify to be cold and snowy for all of us.

I don't have an issue with your knowledge, it's when you make a minnow into a swordfish fight for dramatic purposes or just state what someone else "tweeted/emailed/posted as your own that I have an issue. You've done this. Period. Just stick to the facts, don't exaggerate, don't copy/paste someone else's thoughts as your own and there won't be any problem. It's not that hard. Trying to deflect this discussion is exactly why I moved it to banter. It's not a hard concept.  

Buckeye getting schooled! Maybe she should read more and post less if she cannot back her claims with some form of credible information.... weather ineptitude and asinine statements at its best! 

How do we get rid of these northern moderators?  Vote on it or something?  I'll pledge $1000 donation this year to be rid of buckeye and jburns as moderators ($500 a piece) ... then maybe we can "keep" contributing members instead of running them off to other weather boards.

lol Northern moderators? Yes, it's all this northern carpet-bagging aggression. Who would you suggest take over moderating? I'm happy with our moderators, and just because they may have lived somewhere years ago doesn't mean they have no right to moderate our forum. It's easy and wrong to take what an expert says, change a few words and pretend it's your own. Why is this so hard for people to grasp? 

lol Northern moderators? Yes, it's all this northern carpet-bagging aggression. Who would you suggest take over moderating? I'm happy with our moderators, and just because they may have lived somewhere years ago doesn't mean they have no right to moderate our forum. It's easy and wrong to take what an expert says, change a few words and pretend it's your own. Why is this so hard for people to grasp? 

you moved yet or are you still in clt?

What does qualify someone as a mod on here? It clearly isn't weather knowledge. I myself know just what I have learned on here, but I can tell a knowledgeable person from a not so knowledgeable person. At least 1 mod on here has no clue. Now if it is just a mods job to mod that is fine, but said mod doesn't deserve the right to dismiss anything someone might say because they disagree. Some people(mods) on here are clearly power driven egomaniacs that are actually a bully in reality. Keep trolling said mod.

What does qualify someone as a mod on here? It clearly isn't weather knowledge. I myself know just what I have learned on here, but I can tell a knowledgeable person from a not so knowledgeable person. At least 1 mod on here has no clue. Now if it is just a mods job to mod that is fine, but said mod doesn't deserve the right to dismiss anything someone might say because they disagree. Some people(mods) on here are clearly power driven egomaniacs that are actually a bully in reality. Keep trolling said mod.

This coming from someone who already has 2 warning points here and has been banned from other boards for multiple meltdowns. Tread carefully....you are out of warnings 

I got banned on a drunken meltdown to coreytrucker over there.  Thank God I am not a member anymore cause of accu35 lolz!

:lol:   yes you did  

Anywho.....I'm actually excited there might be the possibility of some thunder rumbling for Christmas  :wub:    Ya know what they say about thunder during the winter   ;)   

:lol:   yes you did  

Anywho.....I'm actually excited there might be the possibility of some thunder rumbling for Christmas   :wub:    Ya know what they say about thunder during the winter   ;)   

Might be a couple rumbles tomorrow and Christmas Eve.  Again, I can do without severe on the holidays.. but I'll force myself to enjoy it if it comes to fruition.

Might be a couple rumbles tomorrow and Christmas Eve.  Again, I can do without severe on the holidays.. but I'll force myself to enjoy it if it comes to fruition.

If its going to be 70's outside on Christmas Eve or Christmas, I at least want it to be sunny so the kids can enjoy the outside. Why anyone wants rain or thunder I will never understand.

Buckeye getting schooled! Maybe she should read more and post less if she cannot back her claims with some form of credible information.... weather ineptitude and asinine statements at its best! 

How do we get rid of these northern moderators?  Vote on it or something?  I'll pledge $1000 donation this year to be rid of buckeye and jburns as moderators ($500 a piece) ... then maybe we can "keep" contributing members instead of running them off to other weather boards.

I will post the bolded in the Admin/Mod thread.  Who knows, maybe you will get your wish.  Until then, it is probably better if you let me return to my mild winter rest.

We may never get into the perfect pattern this year. Looking at most winter forecast, the temps to the north of us should average above normal for the winter; while we average slightly below. We may be looking at a lot of borderline events. As we get into January the air over Canada will get colder (no matter what the pattern does). Day 15 on the 18z GFS could be a great preview of our winter; but with just a little more cold air.  

Remember when I got banned from TOS when I posted a gif of the anchorman dog getting punted. It was a perma ban and can't even read the site anymore. This is PCgamecock2001 btw

Lol, yes.  It was a massive deal too.  Like literally a MASSIVE deal.  I had to change my IP like 13 times to get on that site again.  They banned my entire net-block.

Sad part is, I wasn't there to "post my thoughts on the site for fun", I liked some of the people and hated the idiots.  Watch, andy will end up getting smacked eventually for getting onto the morons.

I think the worst part is losing a lot of good data from a few posters who went there. :(

Meh. Some anonymous dude quoting the likes of Larry Cosgrove and regurgitating tweets from some other mets not to mention belittling the finest mets around, we can figure it out.. We have all been here long enough to know what makes a good poster versus a bloviating weenie who posts 384 hr progs amongst other fantasy progs from legitimate posters. It's a thankless job in some ways but for the majority of the posters we think we are doing our "jobs". You have choices...feel free to exercise them if you wish.

Archived