• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

How about people act like adults so we don't have to babysit all the time?

It's getting ridiculous. I like our subforum and the people in it. They need to stop fighting all the time and just discuss. It's shouldn't be personal...it's the weather.

Fine,  You and ALLSNOW are right . It is Christmas , I will call a cease fire . 

My bad . 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't get a lot of extreme cold or snow, and what we do get has benefits for the local ecology, just like this warm weather is detrimental to the local ecology. And by the way, I can't go out in the sun for medical reasons. Summers are tough when you have to wear long sleeves and pants outside, even with the newer sun protective clothing. Frankly, this whole discussion is ridiculous. You are starting to sound like a troll.....people here like winter weather, and not just here. If you don't that's fine, but could you stop acting like this anomalous weather is a good thing? It isn't normal and it isn't a good sign. Suggest you move to an area where you don't have to deal with winter weather.

No, I'm not a troll. Snow is great once in a while, but it's nuts how most of the people here want snow all year round.

And no, not everyone on this site can like what they want, at least not without getting attacked by snow lovers. If someone likes warmth, they get either bombarded with posts of accusing him/her of being a troll, or get hit with posts about how it's disgusting to like warmth. Warm lovers get no peace around here (from what I see). That's why I'm defending them.

And if you don't mind, please tell me exactly how this weather is causing large scale problems? Sure cold and snow has certain, local benefits, but what benefits does it have for us in this part of the world, on a larger scale?

Well, most of the time you'd physically have no problem staying outside without any weather protection when it's warm (unless you have a medical condition, or are exercising/working for hours ), but going out without anything on in the cold is a whole different story.

Extreme Cold and snow all the way down where we live has very little benefit, and is relatively pointless. I love snow, but the amount of snow (both in terms of acc., and days of snowfall) that a lot of people here want is just ridiculous.

High heat is extremely dangerous, should we ignore what happened out in Pakistan and India last summer. Disagree about extreme cold and warmth for the same reasons you described.

During extreme warmth there's not much you can do if you're outdoors but you can always put on layers during extreme cold. Warm weather also fuels a variety of diseases and insect activity that nobody wants.

Cold and warm each play their role but you can't dismiss one in favor of the other. Each should be looked at equally for their pros and cons.

High heat is extremely dangerous, should we ignore what happened out in Pakistan and India last summer. Disagree about extreme cold and warmth for the same reasons you described.

During extreme warmth there's not much you can do if you're outdoors but you can always put on layers during extreme cold. Warm weather also fuels a variety of diseases and insect activity that nobody wants.

And many die from starvation and hypothermia when it's cold.

And I put "most of the time" for a reason. I didn't mean extreme warmth; all kinds of extreme weather are pretty bad. But 40-80 degrees certainly shouldn't cause any large scale problems.

What`s up fraud ...

Wana get ur arse handed to you again  in your so called field by a derivatives trader .  I  think every time we have gone head to head I cleaned  your little 30 yr  old snot nose clock .

Hows that loser job in nowheresville Nova Scotia . I bet you a renting a nice apartment driving a 3 yr old 4 wheeler and if lucky you get to see a girl with more than 2 teeth in here head once a week .

How about this , I will offer you a job , not preparing risk forecasts , not finding me anomalies that exist within a certain asset classes , not even getting me breakfast , lunch or dinner  .

But 200 k  a year to be my foot stool . That is what you qualify for in my eyes .  

Thanks for your time NICK , PM me your resume . I need to make sure you qualify for that position . 

lmao

And many die from starvation and hypothermia when it's cold.

And I put "most of the time" for a reason. I didn't mean extreme warmth; all kinds of extreme weather are pretty bad. But 40-80 degrees certainly shouldn't cause any large scale problems.

You mentioned extreme cold so I just wanted to point out each have their good and bad. You can enjoy whatever kind of weather you like, this is a weather forum not a dictatorship that rallies against warm weather fanatics.

I don't think there's anyone on here that wishes for snow and cold year round (except Snow88).

You mentioned extreme cold so I just wanted to point out each have their good and bad. You can enjoy whatever kind of weather you like, this is a weather forum not a dictatorship that rallies against warm weather fanatics.

I don't think there's anyone on here that wishes for snow and cold year round (except Snow88).

I mentioned extreme cold because that's what a lot of people on this forum want. February-April 2015 was unnaturally cold as well, but many people on here enjoyed it no problem.

Well, most of the time you'd physically have no problem staying outside without any weather protection when it's warm (unless you have a medical condition, or are exercising/working for hours ), but going out without anything on in the cold is a whole different story.

Extreme Cold and snow all the way down where we live has very little benefit, and is relatively pointless. I love snow, but the amount of snow (both in terms of acc., and days of snowfall) that a lot of people here want is just ridiculous.

Well, please let us know how much snow you deem acceptable. Wouldn't want to cross your threshold and be regarded as "nuts" or "ridiculous"...

No, I'm not a troll. Snow is great once in a while, but it's nuts how most of the people here want snow all year round.

And no, not everyone on this site can like what they want, at least not without getting attacked by snow lovers. If someone likes warmth, they get either bombarded with posts of accusing him/her of being a troll, or get hit with posts about how it's disgusting to like warmth. Warm lovers get no peace around here (from what I see). That's why I'm defending them.

And if you don't mind, please tell me exactly how this weather is causing large scale problems? Sure cold and snow has certain, local benefits, but what benefits does it have for us in this part of the world, on a larger scale?

It's called ecology....I shouldn't have to explain this to anyone in the natural sciences. I am after all the social scientist here.....now my info could be wrong, but those who are more learned than me say this warmth disrupts the growing cycles of important fruit crops and maple syrups among other things. I'm glad you're not a troll, and I could welcome comments about nice weather when we have it, but it doesn't jive here with the calendar, and frankly, the weather has been soupy not really nice. With all due respect, it does seem like you are baiting the snow weenies, if that's not the case, my apologies.

Cold and warm each play their role but you can't dismiss one in favor of the other. Each should be looked at equally for their pros and cons.

Excellent post, I gotta say...

Well, please let us know how much snow you deem acceptable. Wouldn't want to cross your threshold and be regarded as "nuts" or "ridiculous"...

Whoa, dude, I was just giving my opinion. You guys can enjoy snowmageddon if you'd like. I myself have no problem with snow either.

Simply try not to jump on the first warm weather lover to dare challenge someone's forecast for snow. That definitely shouldn't be too much to ask... I hope.

He's not wishcasting though. He is just explaining what he thinks will happen.

He comes here to stir the pot....just like in early December when he said snow was coming at the end of the month...and harped on how we only talked about the mild weather. He is a mod at another site and can work to improve that site...he just so happen to go back and delete his posts from early December

It's called ecology....I shouldn't have to explain this to anyone in the natural sciences. I am after all the social scientist here.....now my info could be wrong, but those who are more learned than me say this warmth disrupts the growing cycles of important fruit crops and maple syrups among other things. I'm glad you're not a troll, and I could welcome comments about nice weather when we have it, but it doesn't jive here with the calendar, and frankly, the weather has been soupy not really nice. With all due respect, it does seem like you are baiting the snow weenies, if that's not the case, my apologies.

Look, it doesn't need to be 65 everyday in January (and I didn't mean that). 35-45 degrees everyday in January on the other hand, definitely shouldn't be that big of a deal on fruit/vegetable growth cycles. Pests and other destroyers of crops typically come in far, far less numbers as temps approach the freezing mark.

Whoa, dude, I was just giving my opinion. You guys can enjoy snowmageddon if you'd like. I myself have no problem with snow either.

Simply try not to jump on the first warm weather lover to dare challenge someone's forecast for snow. That definitely shouldn't be too much to ask... I hope.

Heh, yeah, I hear what you're saying. I subscribe to the philosophy that in a community of people who seek out extreme weather, nobody has any room to criticize one wx-fetish over another.

I want to enjoy Christmas with my family.

Everyone, just take a couple deep breaths, calm down, have a drink (or don't) or I start handing out suspensions...on Christmas. Smh.

It's alright dude, things looked to have calmed down. And so have I.

Merry Christmas, folks.

Dude, dude, calm down. We're just forecasting weather here (using computer models if I may add). We're not forecasting war, or controlling the weather with our predictions/opinions. Thinking you can forecast an entire country's weather with one or two computer models that you read as following your predictions is a little bit arrogant.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the weather.

Respect others! You obviously don't see that he's joking around. Someone got coal for Christmas again looks like

Archived