joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when guys were humping the Canadian here .

lol

I wonder what model these guys will turn to now . 

Horror show is right . 

Old run 

567cd1340cc11_oldrun.thumb.png.cbb64a3d2

New run 

567cd13da984a_newrun.thumb.png.587cceace

Old run 

567cd1a162c76_oldrun2.thumb.png.2f1f653f

New run 

567cd1340cc11_oldrun.thumb.png.cbb64a3d2

Dude, dude, calm down. We're just forecasting weather here (using computer models if I may add). We're not forecasting war, or controlling the weather with our predictions/opinions. Thinking you can forecast an entire country's weather with one or two computer models that you read as following your predictions is a little bit arrogant.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the weather.

Yuck

So you enjoy sitting outside, surrounded by frozen water falling all around you, slowly turning into an icicle? Or is it more of a "I'm sitting inside all cozy/standing outside in a hundred layers of coats, watching the snow" kind of thing?

Dude, dude, calm down. We're just forecasting weather here (using computer models if I may add). We're not forecasting war, or controlling the weather with our predictions/opinions. Thinking you can forecast an entire country's weather with one or two computer models that you read as following your predictions is a little bit arrogant.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the weather.

I am not sure I  read you correctly after a full 18 posts in here , so allow me to teach you some board etiquette and some safe tips while navigating in here .

One never go after the resident DB or he will make your life unbearable in here .  When you are new to the landscape take some time and see who over time is correct .

Pick the wrong side and you get marked .

If you think I am a little arrogant then you obviously have a reading comprehension problem . 

Very relaxed now . 

I am not sure I  read you correctly after a full 18 posts in here , so allow me to teach you some board etiquette and some safe tips while navigating in here .

One never go after the resident DB or he will make your life unbearable in here .  When you are new to the landscape take some time and see who over time is correct .

If you think I am a little arrogant then you obviously have a reading comprehension problem . 

Very relaxed now . 

Get the **** over yourself.

Very relaxed now . 

"Very relaxed now ." No, you're not.

I don't care how many posts you have, or what kind of reputation you have amongst weenies here. I follow the board rules, not "board etiquette". I don't care how members view me here. And besides, I've been lurking here for a long time now, I know how you, and plenty of other people act on this site. Believe me.

While you and plenty others here are pretty smart, you guys are just too focused on one certain form of weather. IMO, the wisest forecaster is one who enjoys all kinds of weather, not one who is only focused on how it could snow in any weather because of a certain "detail' they saw in the models, or a certain snow record that was broken 45 years ago.

So you enjoy sitting outside, surrounded by frozen water falling all around you, slowly turning into an icicle? Or is it more of a "I'm sitting inside all cozy/standing outside in a hundred layers of coats, watching the snow" kind of thing?

Of course we enjoy it. But I don't go out in hot weather, for that I stay indoors.

Of course we enjoy it. But I don't go out in hot weather, for that I stay indoors.

Well, most of the time you'd physically have no problem staying outside without any weather protection when it's warm (unless you have a medical condition, or are exercising/working for hours ), but going out without anything on in the cold is a whole different story.

Extreme Cold and snow all the way down where we live has very little benefit, and is relatively pointless. I love snow, but the amount of snow (both in terms of acc., and days of snowfall) that a lot of people here want is just ridiculous.

Get the **** over yourself.

What`s up fraud ...

Wana get ur arse handed to you again  in your so called field by a derivatives trader .  I  think every time we have gone head to head I cleaned  your little 30 yr  old snot nose clock .

Hows that loser job in nowheresville Nova Scotia . I bet you a renting a nice apartment driving a 3 yr old 4 wheeler and if lucky you get to see a girl with more than 2 teeth in here head once a week .

How about this , I will offer you a job , not preparing risk forecasts , not finding me anomalies that exist within a certain asset classes , not even getting me breakfast , lunch or dinner  .

But 200 k  a year to be my foot stool . That is what you qualify for in my eyes .  

Thanks for your time NICK , PM me your resume . I need to make sure you qualify for that position . 

What`s up fraud ...

Wana get ur arse handed to you again in your so called field by a derivatives trader . I think every time we have gone head to head I clean your little 30 yr old snot nose clock .

Hows that loser job in nowheresville Nova Scotia . I bet you a renting a nice apartment driving a 3 yr old 4 wheeler and if lucky you get to see a girl with more than 2 teeth in here head once a week .

How about this , I will offer you a job , not preparing risk forecasts , not finding me anomalies that exist within a certain asset classes , not even getting me breakfast , lunch or dinner .

But 200 k a year to be my foot stool . That is what you qualify for in my eyes .

Thanks for your time NICK , PM me your resume . I need to make sure you qualify for that position .

Sheesh

"Very relaxed now ." No, you're not.

I don't care how many posts you have, or what kind of reputation you have amongst weenies here. I follow the board rules, not "board etiquette". I don't care how members view me here. And besides, I've been lurking here for a long time now, I know how you, and plenty of other people act on this site. Believe me.

While you and plenty others here are pretty smart, you guys are just too focused on one certain form of weather. IMO, the wisest forecaster is one who enjoys all kinds of weather, not one who is only focused on how it could snow in any weather because of a certain "detail' they saw in the models, or a certain snow record that was broken 45 years ago.

Firstly, not all of us are forecasters. The forum is open to anyone. Secondly, some of us are only interested in winter weather. Nothing wrong with it. I don't even come here during other seasons. I don't need a weather board to read about dull weather, I can get that on the news. I do come around during hurricanes just to make sure it won't impact me or mine, then I move on. Not everyone here is a weather fanatic or cares about models, I just like reading about them. I wouldn't know a GGEM from ENSO, got no real idea what most of these folks are talking about, but I get a kick out of reading about it.

What`s up fraud ...

Wana get ur arse handed to you again in your so called field by a derivatives trader . I think every time we have gone head to head I clean your little 30 yr old snot nose clock .

How about this , I will offer you a job , not preparing risk forecasts , not finding me anomalies that exist within a certain asset classes , not even getting me breakfast , lunch or dinner .

But 200 k a year to be my foot stool . That is what you qualify for in my eyes .

wow OWNED

Well, most of the time you'd physically have no problem staying outside without any weather protection when it's warm (unless you have a medical condition, or are exercising/working for hours ), but going out without anything on in the cold is a whole different story.

Extreme Cold and snow all the way down where we live has very little benefit, and is relatively pointless. I love snow, but the amount of snow (both in terms of acc., and days of snowfall) that a lot of people here want is just ridiculous.

We don't get a lot of extreme cold or snow, and what we do get has benefits for the local ecology, just like this warm weather is detrimental to the local ecology. And by the way, I can't go out in the sun for medical reasons. Summers are tough when you have to wear long sleeves and pants outside, even with the newer sun protective clothing. Frankly, this whole discussion is ridiculous. You are starting to sound like a troll.....people here like winter weather, and not just here. If you don't that's fine, but could you stop acting like this anomalous weather is a good thing? It isn't normal and it isn't a good sign. Suggest you move to an area where you don't have to deal with winter weather.

What`s up fraud ...

Wana get ur arse handed to you again  in your so called field by a derivatives trader .  I  think every time we have gone head to head I cleaned  your little 30 yr  old snot nose clock .

How about this , I will offer you a job , not preparing risk forecasts , not finding me anomalies that exist within a certain asset classes , not even getting me breakfast , lunch or dinner  .

But 200 k  a year to be my foot stool . That is what you qualify for in my eyes .  

PB, I'm about to retire from public service and ya know, I wouldn't mind being your footstool for 200k..gimme a call:)

Mods, how about a Met Winter Bicker Thread, and keep this thread as banter?

How about people act like adults so we don't have to babysit all the time?

It's getting ridiculous. I like our subforum and the people in it. They need to stop fighting all the time and just discuss. It's shouldn't be personal...it's the weather.

Archived