Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's simply a case of 

All warmth and no snow makes Jack a dull boy all warmth and no snow makes Jack a dull boy all warmth and no snow makes jack a dull boy all warmth and no snow makes Jack a dull boy all warmth and no snow makes Jack a dull boy 

All warmth and no snow makes Jack a dull boy

Its a warm vs cold war is all. Mixed with some politics of global warming. People with diametrically opposed reasons for posting here. Personally, I'm here to track snow. The warmth bores me, but I'm learning to coexist. :)

If you look at it from more of a statistical perspective, it gets more interesting. We are literally experiencing weather that no one in the past 70+ years has experienced here at this time of year. This is Sandy-level stuff from a stats view.

Someone else mentioned it, the ecological effects of this cannot be good at all. This level of anomaly has got to be throwing things off big time.

If you look at it from more of a statistical perspective, it gets more interesting. We are literally experiencing weather that no one in the past 70+ years has experienced here at this time of year. This is Sandy-level stuff from a stats view.

Someone else mentioned it, the ecological effects of this cannot be good at all. This level of anomaly has got to be throwing things off big time.

I can agree with this. Good post IMO. 

18Z GFS ---- a poor excuse for a pattern change:  12/26----01/01 Above Normal,   01/02-04 Indeterminate,  01/05-07 Above Normal,   01/08 Indeterminate,  01/09-the only Bona Fide below normal day indicated,  01/10 Indeterminate    EOF   Thank God.

18Z GFS ---- a poor excuse for a pattern change:  12/26----01/01 Above Normal,   01/02-04 Indeterminate,  01/05-07 Above Normal,   01/08 Indeterminate,  01/09-the only Bona Fide below normal day indicated,  01/10 Indeterminate    EOF   Thank God.

Once again maps or links please to verify.

A bunch of my shrubs have new growth from the past few weeks and my annuals are still blooming.

Crazy

He is I think

Hmm would explain why looking at the posting record, they post sporadically and basically saying the same stuff,over and over, even after others have prayed maps,shown he's incorrect etc. Just don't get out understand noobism and "I know what I'm talking about and your wrong" disorder with me members. Unless there old members who were banned creating new accounts. Either way.UGH

Hmm would explain why looking at the posting record, they post sporadically and basically saying the same stuff,over and over, even after others have prayed maps,shown he's incorrect etc. Just don't get out understand noobism and "I know what I'm talking about and your wrong" disorder with me members. Unless there old members who were banned creating new accounts. Either way.UGH

Could be honestly.

People have to be more humble about approaching long range forecasting since 

every long range forecast out there missed the historic warmth from May

right through December. Just saying that forecaster a or b had above

normal temps does not remotely come close to the historic nature of the warmth

that has happened. 

People have to be more humble about approaching long range forecasting since 

every long range forecast out there missed the historic warmth from May

right through December. Just saying that forecaster a or b had above

normal temps does not remotely come close to the historic nature of the warmth

that has happened. 

Chris, for 6 months many of us worked to show how that ENSO event would evolve and it did exactly what we said .

Now the same people who were vehemently wrong from May through November are now going to preach about the very months that some here have opined would flip out of a warmer month .

A warm Nov/ Dec was seen from  long distance . Thinking Dec would finish at plus 2c was backed by guidance .

Plus 10 was not modeled anywhere , but the 500 mb pattern was correct  So it has to matter . The fact that the trough dug so deep in the SW and  that ridge exploding over the E tells me be careful when it flips , because as  the pattern are being recognized  by the better guidance even if the anomalies are coming up short . 

No on last Jan saw - 10 for Feb . The models tend to miss the extremes , but there is guidance that foes exceptional at picking up on the seasonal patterns .

It is pattern recognition , I am not looking to win the battle of HDDs .  My passion comes from showing the guidance while others don`t bother . My passion comes from seeing a post go up that is wrong and the hand ringing that follows .

The beauty of PR is if you make a statement Randy asks you to back it up , do you how we would clean this place up if we were held to the same standards . 

JMO.

The fact that one particular, cik or whatever his name is, has not once posted any maps about patterns,only links about temperature average or something, really makes the blood boil... But on to of that he will pray them log off....that's just insult to injury! He's been shown and pointed out where he's wrong,and as an amateur meteorologist, he should listen to everyone! He uses one model only it appears.....either he's an older man,which would explain the stubbornness,or just Nieve. Would be nice if he asked more questions about how others have come up with different thought or conclusion..

Archived