• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2015 Discussion

Hoosier

While we're in a stagnant mild pattern, the northwest coast gets slammed by another storm.

Crazy weather forecast for the 12000 ft level on Mount Rainier.

Tonight
Snow. Low around 21. Windy, with a west southwest wind 38 to 43 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 19 to 25 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. Windy, with a southwest wind 47 to 55 mph, with gusts as high as 85 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Windy, with a southwest wind 41 to 46 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow showers. High near 22. Windy, with a west wind 45 to 48 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow. Low around 2. Windy, with a west southwest wind 30 to 32 mph becoming southeast in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow. High near 4. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow showers. Low around -6. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Wow, that's Donner party weather.

No fog here yet.  More wind tonight keeping the BL mixed up.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we're in a stagnant mild pattern, the northwest coast gets slammed by another storm.

Crazy weather forecast for the 12000 ft level on Mount Rainier.

Tonight

Snow. Low around 21. Windy, with a west southwest wind 38 to 43 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 19 to 25 inches possible.

Tuesday

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. Windy, with a southwest wind 47 to 55 mph, with gusts as high as 85 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.

Tuesday Night

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Windy, with a southwest wind 41 to 46 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.

Wednesday

Snow showers. High near 22. Windy, with a west wind 45 to 48 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Wednesday Night

Snow. Low around 2. Windy, with a west southwest wind 30 to 32 mph becoming southeast in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday

Snow. High near 4. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Thursday Night

Snow showers. Low around -6. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Holy heck.....weatherbo gonna move again? JK...he's got a great place and a sweet setting. Would be fun to live that for a winter though.

Pretty raw day...ground still squishy and the air is still foggy. Grass is green and the weeds are dormant...my lawn hasn't looked better in the last 10 years! (Except in the backyard where the dog plays....starting to look like a pig pen).

Pretty raw day...ground still squishy and the air is still foggy. Grass is green and the weeds are dormant...my lawn hasn't looked better in the last 10 years! (Except in the backyard where the dog plays....starting to look like a pig pen).

Grass is green here still as well.

If not for the decorations in the yard, it definitely would have to be cut again.

Similar look for downtown Toronto yesterday.

JKwN1uE.jpg

Very cool shot! Would be incredible to be in the observation part on a day like that. Found more incredible photos here.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2015/12/this_is_what_toronto_looks_like_from_above_the_clouds/

Not a very sunny day today. Had about 15 minutes worth so far. Clouds are stubborn today as well.

[/b]Holy heck.....weatherbo gonna move again? JK...he's got a great place and a sweet setting. Would be fun to live that for a winter though.

Haha

I disagree :)

Seeing 700" a year would be awesome. I don't know if there is any one living at or near an altitude that delivers that much yearly snowfall ast Mt Ranier??

I'd go as high 400" a year but any more than that and and the melt season lasts into the warm season too much. Summers are short enough as it is.

Incredible warmth out there. Has an early April feel.

10am and we're sitting at 44/41 with full sun. Early morning low-level cloud/fog has burned off. Feels great to get some vitamin D before some more clouds and possible showers move in from the west.

This will probably be the warmest seven day stretch of the month. GFS also has 2-3" of rain for here in that time.

I disagree :)

Seeing 700" a year would be awesome. I don't know if there is any one living at or near an altitude that delivers that much yearly snowfall ast Mt Ranier??

It would be cool to experience a snowfall like that for a season, but I think Bo has a point and that it would cut into the warm season too much. Nobody lives at Paradise's elevation of 5400 feet (where Mt. Rainier official seasonal snowfall is measured). A handful of people live between 3000-4000 feet in the Cascades and those areas get 300-400 inches of snow. 

Getting those kinds of snowfall totals are hard to come by worldwide. 

Snowiest place I could find where someone actually lives is Niseko, Japan on Hokkaido Island. Almost 600" annually (49.5 feet).

You start getting above 300 inches annually and it is hard to move around and go about daily life!

Nobody really know how much snow falls further up on Rainier. Probably 1000 inches in some winters.

Archived