• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

I'm just going to expect 3 inches of snow, that way I will be surprised. Man I wish I could hypnotize myself or use that men in black memory wiper and pretend I forgot the last few days.

I need 4-5" for the blower a line is drawn in the sand the south trend has to be done I got my staff out like Gandolf for this one

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowing how most of us have fraying nerves and shared weather insecurities...

I'm curious if any would be willing to share your unusual superstitions that you practice whenever we face potential "winter monsters"⁉️

(eg: putting away the razor, a special dance, a good luck pair of undershorts etc)

BUMP^^^^

Ok, so you don't all need to share your weather related OCDs with us but...

Kick 'em into high gear immediately‼️‼️

Holy cow was that an embarrassment watching NBC10's Karen Thomas attempt to deliver a forecast!

Where the heck is Hurricane....

wasn't anywhere to be found yesterday (on air at least) and today we got (per my first sentence)⁉️

Up next, David Murphy on 6ABC ...

Why do I bother!

I will say that KYW3 Kate Billow did a really nice job the past couple nights with her analysis!

Holy cow was that an embarrassment watching NBC10's Karen Thomas attempt to deliver a forecast!

wasn't anywhere to be found yesterday (on air at least) and today we got (per my first sentence)⁉️

Why do I bother!

I will say that KYW3 Kate Billow did a really nice job the past couple nights with her analysis!

Hurricane is one of the best, but I think he may have come down with an ailment that only mets get "Bolarisitis".

Why do I bother!

Sounds like you just watch them for amusement lol. Kate Billow has the best voice in the weather girl arena

Why do I bother!

Glenn has an extremely busy stretch of days upcoming. He was given some much needed time off/rest before long duration shifts coming this weekend.

Why do I bother!

Yes, she was brutal! But I always take it as a good sign when the "D-team" is on air before a big storm. It means the real mets are resting up because they know they'll be working overtime in the days ahead.

Hurricane is one of the best, but I think he may have come down with an ailment that only mets get "Bolarisitis".

Glenn has an extremely busy stretch of days upcoming. He was given some much needed time off/rest before long duration shifts coming this weekend.

Yes, she was brutal! But I always take it as a good sign when the "D-team" is on air before a big storm. It means the real mets are resting up because they know they'll be working overtime in the days ahead.

Lol..

That's what my wife said!

I agree with all of your thoughts but I think they may be missing the point that it's the prestorm analysis that is important, more so than countless hours of coverage by the A Team while the storm is raging/over....

Also, how much sleep do these folks need....

we don't get any‼

Give them off all the time they need during the 95% of the time when our weather is boring!

BTW...

I think KamuSnow may be resting up too, hasn't checked in here for days?!

Lol..

That's what my wife said!

I agree with all of your thoughts but I think they may be missing the point that it's the prestorm analysis that is important, more so than countless hours of coverage by the A Team while the storm is raging/over....

Also, how much sleep do these folks need....

we don't get any‼

Give them off all the time they need during the 95% of the time when our weather is boring!

BTW...

I think KamuSnow may be resting up too, hasn't checked in here for days?!

I fear his squirrels sensing the coming snow pocalypse have taken him and his family hostage in his house using it for nut storage

Isn't hurricane a member here? Would be awesome if he would pop in and post his thoughts like he does sometimes. I Always like his discussions.

He is. And always/highly appreciated his thoughts...like many. He's getting older (not doing 11pm forecast/can't blame him) and "maybe" contractual reasons with NBC can't disclose his thoughts on a public forum before "their" forecast. (ratings)

Glenn, pop in by all means!!!!

Archived