• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

Come on both you and I know this is heading south and weaker and you and I will be tracking El Nino fueled severe weather in July and we will say remember in January when the silly Euro was giving us 26" of snow...get a drink for the 0z runs a very strong one.

Look I need enough snow for the blower is that too much too ask

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0Z Monday op GFS  thru 96 hrs has   closed 500 Low over ne TX- Not over  MISSOURI   or  OH like 12z GFS --  HIUGE  shift south

very good news for those wanting the    last several european model runs / EPS  to verify 

Models won't trend south at 0z Models won't trend south at 0z Models won't trend south at 0z Models won't trend south at 0z

Nervous about a south trend coming I need a strong drink

I echo this and my biggest concern attm. This El Nino is not going to afford us the North trend at the end that we have grown accustomed to imo. If we do trend to an ots solution tonight and tomorrow....and even Tuesday, is it the be all end all? No. But I prefer where we are at right now with the NAVGEM being the farther South model still clipping us.

For most snow lovers this has been a fairly down winter, including many wanting to "cancel" winter after the gfs just erased this storm from a few model runs at day 9.

So my question would be, which would feel worse?  Going the entire winter without a real credible snow event? Having this event plopped out in front of us and somehow have it fizzle out (i.e. like last years epic fail)?

For ultimate weather junkies this coming storm is much better than nothing, because there is at least something to watch and analyze. Those that are snow junkies?

The huge rainstorm and major flood three days following a blizzard is also an interesting scenario...

Followed by temps in the singles/low teens.  Ouch.  I seem to remember a storm like that in the 90s as a kid.  Decent snow base, followed by a rain (which flooded streets due to clogged drainage), then a freeze.  I was literally able to ice skate in the street around my neighborhood (including uphill in some spots).  Asphalt and skate blades don't really like each other though.

Archived