Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models have hinted at a storm for late this week, but really sporadic in regards to this threat. A few days ago the GFS had a coastal then lost it, next the GGEM showed it then lost it, now the Euro has it. Not sure how to feel about this given how poorly in general the Euro did with the Blizzard yesterday. I would have more confidence if more than one model had it in any given model suite rather than such a sporadic signal.

Anyway, here is today's 12z Euro OP:

c61df56e79d02b821df3319af321c5a2.jpg

And the EPS which are in support, just differences in speed:

4781b255adb87241a315d92f27363c94.jpg

9a4410f3319f94c82b71c6024c3dd05a.jpg

Models have hinted at a storm for late this week, but really sporadic in regards to this threat. A few days ago the GFS had a coastal then lost it, next the GGEM showed it then lost it, now the Euro has it. Not sure how to feel about this given how poorly in general the Euro did with the Blizzard yesterday. I would have more confidence if more than one model had it in any given model suite rather than such a sporadic signal.

c61df56e79d02b821df3319af321c5a2.jpg

And the EPS which are in support, just differences in speed:

Ralph, will this work with minimal or no high pressure to the north.

I don't like the threat personally. Very much a thread-the-needle scenario. Nothing at all like yesterday's storm. It could work but alot of things would need to go just right.

This might our rainstorm then...El Nino always follows up with a good soaker for our area after a large storm. This happened in '96 and '03, we'll see what happens.

Heading back to the shore to dig out the house. Basically I was told there is 3=5ft deep snow between the road and door access. Should have bought that bobcat.

Looks interesting for the end of the week. Phase job. Bring it on.

Cold start st the cabin....single digits to start but climbing now through the teens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Temps are in the low 20s across SEPA with a small batch of precip moving in. Mixed precipitation looks likely for a period this AM and could make travel slick, if the precip hold together. Temps rise above freezing later before the next batch moves in this afternoon/evening as plain rain for 'most'. Lots of low level cold hanging tough due to the significant snowpack tho. Safe travels! Remember, it doesnt take much, just a glaze, to make things slick:

f37a33cb6468a9b35b9921ce9c939b78.jpg

GFS has rain ending as a period of wet snow overnight. No accumulation expected. Enjoying this rebound in temps! Enjoy the winter break. Weeklies and other data hint that Feb could become quite cold and stormy. Would be funny/strange if we end this winter somehow with only 2 big storms (another 12"+ per hurricane Schwartz) with no other trivial snow events. Wonder if that has ever happened before, ie, significantly above normal snowfall but only measured in 2 events? Not my call, just saying it would be interesting if that's how things played out.

Archived