• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

Long period of light-mod snow... low never closes off. step in the right direction

Wouldn't the ull not closing off yield more of a progressive CMC solution tho? Unsure how you're considering that a step in the right direction, if you are looking for measurable snow? I suppose there is always more than 1 way to interpret a model run.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to early next week, I'm getting a sort of January 25, 2000 feeling about it. So much energy diving South, models having difficulties picking out which will be the main player, etc. Different setup aloft but eerily reminiscent. Have a hunch at this hour that the first wave (the one everyone was pulling to head OTS so the subsequent wave has room to develop) may in fact be the surprise(?) main show. There seems to be more spacing between waves now as the energy starts to get sampled with the latter energy (diving into the Midwest around 60-72 hours) holding back giving spacing to the first wave off the SE Coast while also reducing the effect of it acting as a kicker for it to head OTS. Couple this with the fact nearly every system has come farther N and W, and I would closely watch the system off the SE Coast around D+2. Sorry if confusing.

I feel for ya it's been outrageous for the interior most winters going back how far now 10 years or more this year it's been elevated to epic snow drought status

It started with the February 2006 blizzard and has been accelerating since 2009-10. I've seen three events of 6"+ since the 2006-07 winter. THREE events in NINE years!

It started with the February 2006 blizzard and has been accelerating since 2009-10. I've seen three events of 6"+ since the 2006-07 winter. THREE events in NINE years!

WOW that is the definition of absurdity. I would be in a rubber room with snow south scribbled thousands of times on the walls clutching my ancient NOAA cube weather radio calling it my precious

So the 18z gfs is as such.

SLP #1 comes up the east coast and is south of NS by 18z Mon.
SLP #2 is just north of Cleveland at 18z Mon.

SLP#3 forms several hundred miles east of NJ by 12z Tues.
SLP#4 forms over RI on 06 Wed, with SLP#3 in Canadian Maritimes, and SLP#2 still hanging out by Buffalo.

I think we should just all give up looking at models for this storm until sometime on Sunday.  I don't think any of them are going to figure all the energies out correctly for this one.

So the 18z gfs is as such.

SLP #1 comes up the east coast and is south of NS by 18z Mon.

SLP #2 is just north of Cleveland at 18z Mon.

SLP#3 forms several hundred miles east of NJ by 12z Tues.

SLP#4 forms over RI on 06 Wed, with SLP#3 in Canadian Maritimes, and SLP#2 still hanging out by Buffalo.

I think we should just all give up looking at models for this storm until sometime on Sunday. I don't think any of them are going to figure all the energies out correctly for this one.

Little ahead of myself but did u happen to glance at the setup between 240-264? Also has strong support signal from Euro OP, Euro control, and EPS. Interesting... :-)

GGEM also has the norlun bullseye over Philly...ity also almost scrapes coastal NJ from the first low. Looks like a 6+" storm for most. Would be nice if this is the appetizer for PDIII

It's crazy to even entertain the thought of such but I like the look long range and the stars are all aligned for Presidents day. Even Fred on Weather World tonight seemed unusually excited of a big storm prospect.

Archived