Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is trending east and to count on that light precip between the two systems or some sort of norlun is reaching IMO.

Just not very excited about this one.

EDIT - of course I'll be pulling for it

Not sure I agree that "everything is trending East". The slp placement with the SE Coast low has been pretty much consistent but the precip shield had been expanding/shifting West each run (see NAM/SREF/RGEM ). As for the Miller B, I don't really see an East trend there either. Globals are South but the hi-res stuff is shifting the slp/norlun/precip North which has been the trend all winter. I'm with you in that I'm not expecting anything 'major' either, but to just write everything off with a broad statement that everything has trended East is a bit irrational IMHO.

Totally different subject - I saw a Bald Eagle in my back yard late this morning - first time for me. He/she was up in a tree top and while I was debating whether to go in and get my camera, he took off. Awesome! There were a couple of vultures circling and at first I thought it was one of those, as he landed, with the cirrus cloud sky as a backdrop. But his head was white and when he took off I saw the white tail feathers, and could see his body was dark brownish. I was pretty excited. :)

As much as I'd love to see the Sunday/Monday storm come north a bit closer to the coast, if it doesn't I'd just as soon it goes wide right so we can get some separation. I'm thinking our chances could improve for Tuesday/Wednesday in that case.

And the 18Z GFS keeps the first storm OTS but gives us some snow from the inverted trough. In other words: we ain't any closer at figuring this out.

Seriously, I don't know what to root for here? Get the ocean storm to back in more or get it out of the way??

And the 18Z GFS keeps the first storm OTS but gives us some snow from the inverted trough. In other words: we ain't any closer at figuring this out.

Seriously, I don't know what to root for here? Get the ocean storm to back in more or get it out of the way??

18 GFS is big dump from Allentown to near Wilington with the Norlun low.

7-14 inches off the 18 gfs.

Totally different subject - I saw a Bald Eagle in my back yard late this morning - first time for me. He/she was up in a tree top and while I was debating whether to go in and get my camera, he took off. Awesome! There were a couple of vultures circling and at first I thought it was one of those, as he landed, with the cirrus cloud sky as a backdrop. But his head was white and when he took off I saw the white tail feathers, and could see his body was dark brownish. I was pretty excited. :)

As much as I'd love to see the Sunday/Monday storm come north a bit closer to the coast, if it doesn't I'd just as soon it goes wide right so we can get some separation. I'm thinking our chances could improve for Tuesday/Wednesday in that case.

that's very cool...I saw one in a field off Smithbridge by the Brandywine last year, wonder if it was the same guy

Yea gives 1" liquid to Dc think this is incorrect split the difference Gfs Euro and nam and you have norlun centered in the southern pa counties york lancaster chester delco into Salem Camden and Gloucster Cumberland counties in Nj

GFS is about to cave. ECM is never this far off base in the short term it would need a 300 mile shift

Archived