Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Presidents Day threat doesnt really have my attention unless something drastic changes. HP east of Newfoundland, no 50/50 low, ao trending pos, pos nao, pna trending neg. Seems clear to me this is a front end thump at best from the frigid antecedent air mass but relatively quickly over to rain. I could be wrong and obviously Im pulling for a SECS+, but Im not feeling this one.

Otoh, we could pick up some light (c-2"?) tomorrow when the arctic front blows thru and the OTS coastal skirts us.

Gfs is basically identical to 18z maybe a tad warmer.....

Ggem 6" snow to ice storm n&w of PHL

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

GFS a tad east (was up I95 now over ACY)

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/models/gfshires/20160212/00Z/f132/acckucherasnowne.png

GGEM definitely east of prior

http://maps3.pivotalweather.com/models/ggem/20160212/00Z/f114/acckucherasnowne.png

GGEM has been horrendous with it's thermal profiles the entire winter for whatever reason until just prior to an event. Track verbatim is better tho, I wont deny that. Still thinking front end snow/mix over to heavy rain. Things could certainly shift one way or the other but I would lean heavily towards a shift West as this approaches based on seasonal trends but more importantly the poor teleconnections (pos trending ao, neg trending epo, neg trending pna, pos nao).

Iceman you always do much better than I do with snowcover....just up the road from you I am down to 3" in the non-south facing hills of my property

Although today was the coldest day of the year....until tomorrow and Sunday

Low was the first sub 10 low of 8.3 and the high was only 22.7

Another squall coming through here in NW Philly right now.  Vis 1 mile.  Doen't look like it is sticking although it's way cold enough to do so but it's probably because it's blowing...

Edit: 12:07 OMFG SN+ squall vis < 1/4 mile with fog. White out.  Looks like it is moving though.  It's like a tiny streamer blob sitting across SE Montco and NW Philly.

post-1915-0-20001400-1455383559_thumb.gi

Archived