joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS couldn't look any worse...

And the GEFS (which we should be ideally using at this range) couldn't look much better. Ops runs 5+ days (even 3+ days) out will usually be a roller coaster ride with wild swings and solutions from run to run. EPS look solid as well. GEPS is a bit off the coast but not a bad spot at this range. I dont think any ens means solution support rain right now though I am certain there are some members that do. Things look ok still imo....steady as she goes.

Looks like the inverse of last storm with the cold leaving the playing field as the storm arrives, next week's storm arrives

then the cold presses, so maybe we have a rain to snow situation followed by an extended cold spell running well into March

to preserve what falls, at least in the shade and north facing slopes.         Even though my yard is still well snow covered,

the snowpack in general took a beating, so I'd prefer the snow to rain scenario, not that I have a choice.

This is looking more and more like an I95 N and W + elevation event for now with those marginal temps but we shall see. Those are my current thoughts anyway. Q-town and Red Sky might do well??

I think it'll be further out than them. Maybe a little fun but nothing worth mentioning.

We're screwed completely at this time....

Looks like the inverse of last storm with the cold leaving the playing field as the storm arrives, next week's storm arrives

then the cold presses, so maybe we have a rain to snow situation followed by an extended cold spell running well into March

to preserve what falls, at least in the shade and north facing slopes.         Even though my yard is still well snow covered,

the snowpack in general took a beating, so I'd prefer the snow to rain scenario, not that I have a choice.

I always like this scenario better. Get the bad news (rain) first followed by the good news (snow)...then colder. The snow-rain thing is depressing...

Archived