Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this winter is certainly going to finish top 5 warmest all time here. interesting that none of the others had over 10 inches of snow and this one is going to finish above average in many locations. we really had only 3 weeks of winter this year which coincided with the only time the NAO going negative, we were lucky we cashed in during that time. Goes to show how important a -NAO is during a strong el nino. many folks called for a -nao lasting through the second half of winter which is how we would have an active second half and that hasn't and isn't going to come to fruition.

And will we ever see a sustained -NOA in winter again??

this is a good question. seems we are in a multi decade positive NAO regime from the mid 80's through today. the mid 50's through the early 70's was a majority - NAO regime, it seems like we are overdue to go into a multi year -NAO regime again though climate change may have some effect on this...

We need a Morch this year. Last 2 years' March months merely ran up my heating bill. Wish we could just go from Feb normal temps to mid-May normal temps with the flip of a switch come midnight on Feb 28 (Feb 29 this year). Im ready for striped bass season in the surf!

I agree.  My yard needs it to either be frozen solid, or ground temps high enough to grow grass.  Anything in between and my dogs will turn it into a mud pit.

Archived