joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extrapolated fantasy injected NAM was headed to feet of snow

Not sure I agree. The primary is dying a slowwwwww death in the Ohio Valley while temps going into the daytime hours on the NAM while the precip begins are already quite marginal. NAM would probably be a sloppy wet snow over to daytime rain/mix imo unless the 2ndary can bomb out post 84 hrs. Bad timing on the NAM....need this to slow down for an overnight event to help us here...,its already a thread the needle situation. Daytime precip in mid/late March is "usually" the kiss of death except under almost perfect conditions.

It feels like the groundhog day movie over and over again for years now seeing runs get some precipitation into SEPA and the drastic cutoff in the interior it's plain crazy

You sound like my Math/Aerodynamics Professor: "LIVE AND DIE BY THE GRADIENT! THE DEL OPERATOR NABLA REIGNS SUPREMMMMEEEE!!!"

(he is excitable and gets a little carried away sometimes)

You sound like my Math/Aerodynamics Professor: "LIVE AND DIE BY THE GRADIENT! THE DEL OPERATOR NABLA REIGNS SUPREMMMMEEEE!!!"

(he is excitable and gets a little carried away sometimes)

Sometimes I like to live and die by the model that shows what I want to see  :lol:

Ukie is consistent again showing a benchmark track that will rake us good. UKMET imo was the best model all winter 

I am throwing caution to the wind here and saying snowstorm Sunday

Since our Central PA thread is pretty dead, what does the Euro show for the interior? Or is this another I-95 south and east event?

You look to be in he 5 to 8" range at 0z - on the NW edge of the heavier snow. Would be less since ratios likely would be less than 10:1. But you're actually in a good spot, especially if it trends west a bit.

You look to be in he 5 to 8" range at 0z - on the NW edge of the heavier snow. Would be less since ratios likely would be less than 10:1. But you're actually in a good spot, especially if it trends west a bit.

Thanks. As for being in a good spot, perhaps, if trends continue. I did see a FB post from Mount Holly with this quote in it...There is a greater than 50% chance of more than 2 inches of snow along and northwest of Interstate 95 corridor Sunday into Monday. Also, the WPC has a map out verifying the quote from PHL indicating the same thing.

Still a few days out, so time will tell. Either way, I have to get some buckets to cover our tulips and hyacinths from snow and/or frost for a few days.

Archived