Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What he said was "maybe" with the other caveat being " the country as a whole may have a colder two week period than last year" Soiunds impressive, but the country as whole being colder than previous two winters is not that difficult. I would add his reasoning is warm pocket in pacific is further south and west then some El Niño which based on his studies of this type allows for a flip to cold. As opposed to the warmth farther east which maintains more of a southeast ridge keeping our forum area warm for the majority of the winter. We shall see.

I might also add I've been drinking whiskey since Iowa Shiat the bed in the Rose Bowl yesterday. So take my posts as you will.

I believe what he said is that the two week period might be equal to anything we've had over the past two years. I don't believe he said it would outdo it.

I believe what he said is that the two week period might be equal to anything we've had over the past two years. I don't believe he said it would outdo it.

Not possible to get close to anything we have seen the last two winters. With no snow OTG and warm lakes. At least the eastern and central lakes. Maybe in Minnesota.

Not possible to get close to anything we have seen the last two winters. With no snow OTG and warm lakes. At least the eastern and central lakes. Maybe in Minnesota.

The premise is "the whole country." Previous years severe cold was geared towards the Midwest and east, while the west stayed warm. I suspect if the entire 48 goes cold for a 5-10 day period uniformly this would not be difficult to achieve nor would it mean severe cold outbreak in our neck of the woods. Word play.

The premise is "the whole country." Previous years severe cold was geared towards the Midwest and east, while the west stayed warm. I suspect if the entire 48 goes cold for a 5-10 day period uniformly this would not be difficult to achieve nor would it mean severe cold outbreak in our neck of the woods. Word play.

If it's the country as a whole, then that's a different story.  buckeye's original post was a little unclear and not totally unreasonable to think that the "we" in that post just meant our area. 

El nino has done as advertised. It will be interesting seeing the drought impact after spring.

I've said from the beginning that as long as we get a Super Nino and/or the west coast gets substantial rain, I don't care what happens in the east. Being that I like winter weather but not this kind of extreme cold, mother nature is putting my statement to the test. So I'm gonna try my hardest to remember this while I walk to classes next week... lol.

The storm behind the weekend storm is starting to look a bit more interesting.  Personally I think I'll be rooting for the lead system to track as far northwest as possible as that should open the door to a farther northwest track for the system afterward. 

disaster pattern

test8.gif

Thankfully the amount of energy coming in from the Pacific should undercut that ridge along the coast. If we can keep energy crashing into California/Oregon, we at least would have a chance of something popping for us in time. Also with the ridge being undercut, it would allow for the pattern to remain progressive and not lock in this brutal cold snowless pattern.

The storm behind the weekend storm is starting to look a bit more interesting.  Personally I think I'll be rooting for the lead system to track as far northwest as possible as that should open the door to a farther northwest track for the system afterward. 

Yes

Archived