joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 11th-12th storm system

Thundersnow12

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that deformation zone from northwestern WI down into northern IA is just sick.  If that was all snow it would have been pounding all along that zone for many many hours.  Radar is estimating 1-2" all along that zone over the last 12hrs.

Was admiring that myself. I'm to far East for the storms but the winds are finally picking up some, gusts to maybe 30-35.  My play may be in the early morning through tomorrow.  I hope this is a sign of things to come through the next 30 days. Maybe we can get some cold air to tickle one of these regardless of the super El Neeeno :snowing:  GFS fantasy has a few more ejecting out of the SW.  IWX tends to agree...

"ACTIVE PATTERN TO CONTINUE NEXT WEEK WITH SEVERAL STRONG SHORT WAVES

EXPECTED TO EJECT OUT OF THE SOUTHWEST CONUS. GENERALLY USED

SUPERBLEND INIT WITH FORECAST FOCUS ON THIS FIRST STORM SYSTEM.

ECWMF LOOKS A BIT SLOWER TO BRING MOISTURE AND PCPN INTO THE AREA

AND GIVEN AMPLIFIED PATTERN SLOWER IS USUALLY BETTER WITH GFS

GENERALLY TOO FAST AND MOIST WITH LEAD SHORT WAVES."

Getting some wicked gusts now, house is creaking and moaning. And I hear a constant howl/roar outside. Shame my weather station crapped out, as I won't have any wind data for this event.

By the way, looking at a vantage vue system. Good choice?

I have a vantage vue and really like it. Only bummer is anemometer and rain gauge in the same unit so you sacrifice some rain data quality for better wind gusts with height ( or vice versa ). But its great with live and peak gusts.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Winds may not be quite what was forecasted, but it is enough to knock down whole trees and tree limbs and cut the power. Just saw a 2.5' diameter tree laying across a side road in Racine. More tree limbs near home partially blocking a county road.

Archived