joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what they say, " We'll get'em next year" !

Looking forward to a fun week weather wise though. It's not a good winter without a good flow snow with some brutal temps and chills. What's fun is that it'll be totally different than the event two weeks ago. I love the variety ways we get the goods!

Yeah Frankiln and Met big time storm signals on the EPS. I love it! Lets see if we can reel another big one in.

K4CF back from the grave, good to hear from ya!

Hey Ward...great to be back with you guys...Ive got some pics to post later that my wife took over the last two weeks

Man were have you been?!

Make a long story short...between losing my internet service and corresponding email account (only ISP available at that time) and not being able to access my account here.  Tried to set up another account but didnt realize forum rules didnt allow multiple usernames.  Very isolated here that I cant get cable internet yet and DSL around here is shotty at best.  Now tethering off my wife's Verizon smart phone and works great!

If you're in Andrews, your best bet is going to be the Cherohala Skyway in Graham County. It's about 30 miles Northwest of you.You will see the HEAVY stuff up there the next 2 days.Already 1" up top this morning. The highway climbs to 5400' feet in some places

do they keep it open or close it?

Looking good up there my friends! The following support bullish outcomes: low ratios, long fetch off unfrozen Great Lakes, sustained cyclonic flow aloft, multiple short waves or at least 500 mb PVA (vorticity advection). I mean it is going to feel like the Rocky Mountains up there from the consistent snow showers to the perfect powder!

I can't resist: Making Northwest Flow Snow Great Again!  :ski:

NWS Blacksburg

Its not in the forecast at this time...but something to watch out for is

the potential for isolated thunder. With temperatures rising into the
40s in the boundary layer...this may create just enough
instability to drive a line of deeper convection right along the
front. Falling heights and steepening lapse rates along the
leading edge of the upper trough may drive something more robust
this afternoon.
If this occurs then colder air within the
downdrafts could drive heavier rain/snow rates than what is
currently forecast.