joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking hurricane Joaquin OTS

dailylurker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's as if Joaquin is the eraser brush in Photoshop trying to get rid of that island from the canvas.

Right all this talk of wobble and tracks and OTS predictions, meanwhile that storm has been parked on top of the Bahamas.   They wish it would go OTS, or hit the EC, or anywhere other than where it is.  Have there been any reports from on the ground?

Really feel for anyone on those islands... they've had sustained Cat 3+ hurricane conditions for over 24hrs now...

Awesome shot from the ISS...

https://twitter.com/StationCDRKelly/status/649952627468337152

there is a 100 mile radius of 74+, and a much smaller area of cat3 winds. Most on the islands have not experienced these winds for that long.

some more fascinating NAM parent/nest differences here again.   We've see that the parent allows the early capture and swings Joaquin back in towards the coast.    The nest is further east and appears to be sending Joaquin along on his merry way out to sea, but the storm basically stops at f54 and starts moving back to the southwest in the final 6 hours (albeit a fair distance offshore).

some more fascinating NAM parent/nest differences here again.   We've see that the parent allows the early capture and swings Joaquin back in towards the coast.    The nest is further east and appears to be sending Joaquin along on his merry way out to sea, but the storm basically stops at f54 and starts moving back to the southwest in the final 6 hours (albeit a fair distance offshore).

NAM could be on to something then? :yikes:

So basically no one knows where it will end up and anyone who says they do is just model hugging or relying on their favorite forecaster's input. That's the analysis I'm taking away from this thread. The ones who are actually taking time to provide analysis, don't let the haters stop stop you because trust me they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

So basically no one knows where it will end up and anyone who says they do is just model hugging or relying on their favorite forecaster's input. That's the analysis I'm taking away from this thread. The ones who are actually taking time to provide analysis, don't let the haters stop stop you because trust me they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

I think the Euro knows.. since like 4 days ago. 

Ive been around for a while and I realize the NAM misses big events more than it nails them, but why is everyone 100% sure the NAM is completely wrong? Flame/troll me all you want and im not saying its right but every so often I have seen the NAM score a huge win over the years.

Its akin to betting a big football game...sometimes it seems too obvious and all the money goes to one side yet the house ends up winning. It happens.

And nobody...,no one has mentioned the NAMs consistency. Its barely waivered.

Archived