Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking hurricane Joaquin OTS

dailylurker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH so close @ 96 hours from landfall..

Been watching models for 16+ years. What worries me about a situation like this is when you have the king (EURO) showing a particular scenario, sometimes the GFS et all will start taking baby steps towards it. Like tonight we might get a tease of a TS hitting our region, yet all it really was, was a step in the direction of the EURO, but we'll see. 

Guys, this probably belongs in banter, but you REALLY REALLY don't want this storm to come towards you like Sandy did up here.  We had posters who we didn't hear from for a while, major major issues for months.  It was bad.  My friend lived with me for 4 weeks because his building had 10 feet of water in it and he couldn't live there for a while.

Yikes.  This is nuts.  So the question is whether UKIE/CMC/HWRF/GFDL follow or stick to VA/NC.  And then, once that's settled, is this the beginning of a fold or a new way to protest the Euro?

On the one hand, this had all the balloon/recon data, but on the other, it seems off on pressures all the way through the run.

Archived