joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Drought busting rains PRE event

dailylurker

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fell outta the thread before the dumping. (that was a solid dumping)

But.. dang.. this might be the one. Interested to see tonight's guidance and if it starts to lock in better on west option given stronger sys and more obs etc. I still think we want like high end cat 2 or a cat 3 down south but ssts are chock full of warmth. If it's a strong system it's going to win the battle with the mid-latitude trough so we're likelier to get a pretty full on tropical hit (with the typical latitude challenged caveats).

I mentioned on Twitter but this is how disasters start when you tell stories.. "after months of no weather, a big rain hit.. then came the real deal."

Now I'm not suggesting this is a given and it could easily go some other direction or end up far enough south we miss the core but I'd definitely think big time ramp up is near if 0z looks interesting.

But.. dang.. this might be the one. Interested to see tonight's guidance and if it starts to lock in better on west option given stronger sys and more obs etc. I still think we want like high end cat 2 or a cat 3 down south but ssts are chock full of warmth. If it's a strong system it's going to win the battle with the mid-latitude trough so we're likelier to get a pretty full on tropical hit (with the typical latitude challenged caveats).

I mentioned on Twitter but this is how disasters start when you tell stories.. "after months of no weather, a big rain hit.. then came the real deal."

Now I'm not suggesting this is a given and it could easily go some other direction or end up far enough south we miss the core but I'd definitely think big time ramp up is near if 0z looks interesting.

First solid  :weenie:  that I've seen from you in a while. 

First solid  :weenie:  that I've seen from you in a while. 

It's definitely cranking lol. I'm trying to talk myself down but it's not working. There are still a few pieces missing but I don't think I've seen anything this close for us.. Sandy never really looked like this around here IMO.

Are you saying Cat 2-3 to impact the MA? Or are you saying a 2-3 gets it up to us and a stronger storm could be wrapped in earlier to NC? 

Archived