joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2015 Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the smell of that fall air, and seeing the fields get harvested, not a better feeling in the world. Was a very breezy day today, pretty chilly in the shady areas.

Halloween displays starting to pop up around Champaign. Crazy to think holidays are like 7 weeks away.

I was in Decatur last week to visit my parents, and was shocked to see how far ahead the harvest is down there. WAY ahead of the harvest up my way. (Granted, on Farm Progress Show years, the corn around Decatur tends to be planted and harvested a little earlier).

Nice day here with nearly full sun and temps in the low 60s.  Breeze makes it a bit cool, but it's definitely not uncomfortable.  Hit 41 this morning for the 3rd day in a row.

The corn is about half harvested around here.  Soybeans have matured, and are ready for harvest, but they're concentrating on the corn at this point.

I was in Decatur last week to visit my parents, and was shocked to see how far ahead the harvest is down there. WAY ahead of the harvest up my way. (Granted, on Farm Progress Show years, the corn around Decatur tends to be planted and harvested a little earlier).

Yeah Schaumburg harvest is moving right along here, but I've also noticed more beans than corn getting harvested right now. You're from Decatur? Cool. I occasionally take my daughter to the zoo there, not the best but hey its closer than Indy and St. Louis.

Pretty raw day here, heavy overcast, stiff stiff N wind, and just as alek said, the first raw feeling day of the fall season. High of 60 here.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
124 AM EDT SUN OCT 4 2015

...A RECORD COOL HIGH TEMPERATURE TIED FOR THE DATE OCTOBER 3RD AT
FORT WAYNE...

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT FORT WAYNE ON OCTOBER 3RD 2015 ONLY REACHED
50 DEGREES. THIS TIED THE PREVIOUS RECORD OF 50 DEGREES FOR THE
COOLEST HIGH TEMPERATURE ON THIS DATE SET BACK IN 1998.

CLIMATE DATA FOR FORT WAYNE DATES BACK TO 1912.

Archived