joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2015 Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it landfalls as a tropical storm I believe it will be the first into Canada on the west coast. I don't believe there has been another tropical system to hit the coast as a tropical entity.

I looked at the forecast discussion and they actually have it becoming post-tropical prior to landfall, although with 50 mph winds.  The Wunderground map doesn't have a post-tropical category so I think that's why it's still showing it as a tropical storm.

I looked at the forecast discussion and they actually have it becoming post-tropical prior to landfall, although with 50 mph winds. The Wunderground map doesn't have a post-tropical category so I think that's why it's still showing it as a tropical storm.

I believe that is correct, that being said I wouldn't be shocked if it is still tropical longer than they are expecting although probably not to the coast.

I got a feeling we're finally going to see that western ridge get undercut not too far down the road

Subtropical jet will do work on that ridge unlike the last 2 winters. Not to mention that low near the Aleutians is progressive and the mean trough isn't going to setup there. 

too early maybe for your taste, but right on schedule. Average snow here in the Hurons during October is 6-8"

I believe where I use to live in N Indiana averaged around Oct 21st for the first flakes.

I believe our average here in Detroit is early November so it would be well ahead of schedule.

Average first flakes are I believe October 30 or 31. Average first measurable snow is November 17.

Yeah I wasn't totally sure if it was the last day of Oct or into early Nov. Either way anything that could come with the cold snap would be well ahead of schedule.

Archived