joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2015 Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Schaumburg harvest is moving right along here, but I've also noticed more beans than corn getting harvested right now. You're from Decatur? Cool. I occasionally take my daughter to the zoo there, not the best but hey its closer than Indy and St. Louis.

Pretty raw day here, heavy overcast, stiff stiff N wind, and just as alek said, the first raw feeling day of the fall season. High of 60 here.

Well, just outside of Decatur. I grew up in the booming 800 population town of Oreana, and my folks still reside there. I have obviously since moved to dekalb, and still find it crazy the weather variance (especially in winter) between there and here.

About the only interesting weather of note is the potential for some record high temps a week from today on the 12th.  Euro and even the GFS have been indicating a nice slug of warmth blasting through the MW for a one day "heat wave".  Both of those models indicate a wedge of 20-23C 850 temp air knifing into the MW ahead of a potent cold surge.  In fact the GFS has the 850s down near 0C just 48hrs later lol.  

Looks like a legit shot at mid to upper 80s over a large area of the MW, with even a few 90 degree readings not totally out of the realm of possibility.  Record for MLI that day is 87, which could be doable.  Looks like the record at ORD is 84.

Slightly warmer today, especially without the wind. Clouds will likely prevail all day. Nearest clearing is about 200 miles away. 

String of 50s might continue today.

wisgif32.jpg

Pretty sweet satellite shot of the upper level low and Joaquin.

post-7389-0-44604700-1444063248_thumb.pn

Slightly warmer today, especially without the wind. Clouds will likely prevail all day. Nearest clearing is about 200 miles away. 

String of 50s might continue today.

wisgif32.jpg

Pretty sweet satellite shot of the upper level low and Joaquin.

attachicon.gifULL_Joaquin.png

You can definitely tell we're getting later into the developing cool season.  The lower sun angle is already having a hard time burning off the large low-level cloud fields.

You can definitely tell we're getting later into the developing cool season.  The lower sun angle is already having a hard time burning off the large low-level cloud fields.

Yeah, we have been socked in with stratus all morning, which is just now burning off. Forecast is for mid 70's here. Still might make it if we can get a few hours of sun this afternoon. Sitting at 62° right now.

The only chance of precipitation looks to come on Friday, other than that we appear to be bone dry the next 7-10 days. This morning is a carbon copy of yesterday morning, overcast and relatively thick fog, for a visibility of around 1 mile.

Rest of the week is looking pretty mild. It's my hunch October will probably finish just slightly above average.

The only chance of precipitation looks to come on Friday, other than that we appear to be bone dry the next 7-10 days. This morning is a carbon copy of yesterday morning, overcast and relatively thick fog, for a visibility of around 1 mile.

Rest of the week is looking pretty mild. It's my hunch October will probably finish just slightly above average.

That system Thursday/Friday looks pretty progressive, so precip amounts should be limited.

That system Thursday/Friday looks pretty progressive, so precip amounts should be limited.

Extremely limited, thinking a general tenth of an inch, with isolated 1/4 inch amounts. Local met Derick Fabert, with a high of 86 next Monday.

Start of our winter pattern? With super Nino brewing. Not out of the realm. To early to speculate.

Warm up early next week has been sped up to Sunday, and would mainly affect the far west sub.  Looking toasty for MN and IA.  A bit disappointing for this area, as might as well get some record warmth out of this dull pattern.

It has caught my attention. GFS and Euro showing 850mb temps up to 20C. Not sure we mix that efficiently but low to mid 80s possible around here. 84 is the record high at MSP on the 11th.

Archived