joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2015 Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z NAM throws a decent slug of Atlantic moisture northwestward, even back into IL/WI.  I'm not sure how much credence to give it at this point but it's something.

I haven't had time to check this morning, but IWX last night said to toss it. I'm still naso sure I would.

ripping NE winds for days with fast moving LE clouds

classic stuff

Yeah, looks like about 3 days of strong winds.

ZONE FORECAST PRODUCT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  949 AM CDT THU OCT 1 2015    ILZ014-020600-  COOK-  INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHICAGO  949 AM CDT THU OCT 1 2015     REST OF TODAY  MOSTLY SUNNY. BREEZY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.  NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH INLAND...BUT NORTHEAST 20 TO 30 MPH  NEAR THE LAKE. INLAND...GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.    TONIGHT  WINDY. MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS FROM THE MID 40S IN THE  SUBURBS TO THE LOWER 50S DOWNTOWN. NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH  WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH NEAR THE LAKE.   FRIDAY  WINDY. PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS FROM THE UPPER 50S NEAR THE  LAKE TO THE LOWER 60S INLAND. NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH  GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH INLAND...BUT NORTHEAST 25 TO 35 MPH NEAR THE  LAKE.   FRIDAY NIGHT  WINDY. PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS FROM THE MID 40S TO  UPPER IN THE SUBURBS TO THE LOWER 50S NEAR THE LAKE. NORTHEAST  WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH.   SATURDAY  WINDY. MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS FROM THE MID TO UPPER  50S NEAR THE LAKE TO AROUND 60 INLAND. NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 30  MPH.   

Hasn't dipped under 50° this week yet. High of 58° today. Cool weather is accelerating the color changing on the leaves now. Will get some photos tomorrow.

Low lake clouds have been blowing in waves the last few days - took this yesterday. Little bit of sun dog action going on too.

post-7389-0-61169700-1443752898_thumb.jp

Well this is rather impressive for Monroe county. This time of year, low water levels are usually the issue around there.

COASTAL HAZARD MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI1252 AM EDT FRI OCT 2 2015MIZ083-022000-/O.NEW.KDTX.LS.Y.0002.151002T0452Z-151002T2000Z/MONROE-1252 AM EDT FRI OCT 2 2015...LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EDT THISAFTERNOON...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED ALAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EDT THISAFTERNOON.* LAKE SHORE FLOODING...PERSISTENT NORTHEAST WINDS OF 20 TO 25 MPH  WITH GUSTS AS HIGH AS 35 MPH WILL ALLOW WATER LEVELS TO CLIMB  ABOVE 55 INCHES ABOVE CHART DATUM. THE HIGHEST LEVELS WILL OCCUR  ALONG THE SHORELINE FROM LUNA PIER DOWN TO THE OHIO  BORDER...WHERE WATER LEVELS AS HIGH AS 6 FEET WILL BE POSSIBLE  THROUGH FRIDAY.* IMPACTS...BEACH EROSION WITH MINOR LAKESHORE FLOODING IS  POSSIBLE.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... * A LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY INDICATES THAT ONSHORE WINDS WILLGENERATE FLOODING OF LOW AREAS ALONG THE LAKESHORE. * PREPARE...PLAN...AND STAY INFORMED.   VISIT HTTP://GO.USA.GOV/RR8TO LEARN MORE ABOUT DANGEROUS WAVES AND CURRENTS PLEASE VISITDANGEROUSCURRENTS.ORG (ALL LOWER CASE)&&$$ 

I can't remember this long of a really windy stretch around here

Yeah. These nice temps and sunny days make me want to grill, but with like 20mph sustained winds, and no windbreak since I back up to a golf course; it is quite brutal to try to keep a grill lit.

Also makes it feel significantly colder. First time I have broken out the words "wind chill factor" in a casual conversation this season.

Just had a few 40mph+ gusts...if we get a stretch of winds like this in the heart of winter it would be brutal

Days of wind chill advisories!

57° only at this hour here. There was some people that had pretty serious jackets on this morning!

Archived