joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2015 Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 0.40" so far today. It's not making it out of the 40s today.

Last Halloween it looked like this in my front yard... in the morning at least. Trees today are a little behind last year - probably 5 or so days behind.

20141031_073610.jpg

I'd say we are on pace with last year. Right around normal. 75%+ of the trees are bare. We haven't really had a late foliage season in quite a few years. One of the latest I can recall was 2007.

Last Halloween night I was on the final night of a 7 day cruise on the Disney Fantasy. We were watching a show in the main theatre, a magician doing a sword balancing act ironically, when the ship started to rock and the commodore did a rare all ship emergency announcement and told us to brace ourselves for impact, we were going to hit 20-40' swells as we sailed into the system that had brought you guys such a nasty Halloween. Then we disembarked the next morning at 7am in Port Canaveral and were greeted with a quite shocking 38 degrees in Florida.

38° in Florida is pretty wild for October! Wow.

---

0.55" of rain for today. 2.41" for the month. Nice rally the last 7 days.

Today marks the day when one of Minnesota's biggest snowstorms ever pounded the Twin Cities in 1991. Over 28" fell thru Nov 2. Temps dropped to -3F on Nov 4 marking the earliest temp below zero since 1872.

Strong Nino winter, though that one developed later and should have a later peak than this one.

Today marks the day when one of Minnesota's biggest snowstorms ever pounded the Twin Cities in 1991. Over 28" fell thru Nov 2. Temps dropped to -3F on Nov 4 marking the earliest temp below zero since 1872.

Looking back on that one, I call that "The Perfect Snowstorm," because it coincided with "The Perfect Storm" out at sea.

Nice to have the weather station data again on the PC.  After switching from Windows 7 to 8.1 the drivers didn't support the data logger feed no matter what I tried.  Sometimes it would work for awhile but then crash.  After upgrading to Windows 10 and associated drivers the setup seems stable again, and therefore have been uploading again without consequence.  

Nothing too noteworthy here in Oct.  Was very dry the first 19 days.  Had a few hard freezes.  No snowflakes this month, which isn't unusual.  Finished with 2.98" of rain.

a2esms.png

Archived