Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Fall 2015 Pattern Discussion

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking like a classic PRE event possibly setting up, weird how the models insist on it even with Joaquin going OTS....guess we shall see  how it evolves fver the next few days......the worrisome part is those rain totals are not really 7 day totals more like 24-36 hr totals and if we get 8-10" widespread over NC in that time frame it would produce widespread flash flooding with the ground already soaked....

Our local mets on Foxcarolina , are going with full sun for Sat and Sun, lol! TWC has 60% chance Sat/Sun, who will be correct??

I've never understood why on the weekend of all times you don't err on the side of caution. While I'm not sure I buy the double-digit rainfall totals for Charlotte, I do think the public should be aware of what could happen. To call for sunny conditions on Saturday without even mentioning the fact that parts of the upstate could be in flood conditions is absurd. I get the reason why they do it, but I don't think it's right. 

I've never understood why on the weekend of all times you don't err on the side of caution. While I'm not sure I buy the double-digit rainfall totals for Charlotte, I do think the public should be aware of what could happen. To call for sunny conditions on Saturday without even mentioning the fact that parts of the upstate could be in flood conditions is absurd. I get the reason why they do it, but I don't think it's right.

Surprise! Due to " model changes" , Saturday and Sunday look like a washout! From the same channel! Saying it could still be sunny, they will keep an eye on it!

Archived