Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2015 Pattern Discussion

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that could make this 10 day stretch of gloomy weather better is temps in the 30s! I guess El Niño flip to wet happened a little earlier than I expected.

Hope it doesn't mean the winter is going to be dry. If this really is the result of El Nino, I think it started a lot sooner than people thought it would. I think a lot of people were saying October should be dry and then the flip starts in November or December with the increased precip.

The Euro has been horrendously bombing just about every puff of cloud in the western hemisphere this year. Color me skeptical.

Definitely skeptical but the Euro hasn't blown up any Atlantic tropical disturbances like the GFS/CMC has. Though the Euro shows a cut off low capurting the TS/TD and then strengthens it.

This afternoon's visible satellite imagery reveals several features of interest. An offshore low continues to impact the weather across our area, forcing today's scattered showers. Though this low is expected to weaken over the next day or so, another low pressure system moving towards us from the southwest coupled with a cold front approaching from the northwest (currently off the screen) will interact with the moisture from Invest 99L to bring unsettled weather through at least Wednesday, potentially followed by a return to a cold air damming regime. Out in the Atlantic, Tropical Depression Eleven is slowly strengthening and could become Tropical Storm Joaquin later today. There is some uncertainty regarding its future intensity and track, but we will keep you updated as our confidence increases.

12079092_680472538720775_461746755824047

If we wake up to similar output tomorrow, I would expect to see some changes in some local forecasts and AFDs.

Archived