Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2015 Pattern Discussion

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just better make sure we don't get FallsLake's big October storm!

Lol... You know I do joke about the storm but I also half belive in the significance. If you try to add a little science to the idea; it would signify that we are experiencing troughing (...blocking) at the end of October into the first half of November. If we asume that the patterns act as a see-saw(warm to cold), this would then point towards a warmer pattern for the end of November into December. So, then the whole idea is the predominate pattern at the first part of December is going to be the predominate pattern for the winter. But, I'm sure Larry can drop kick this idea. 

So going back to the possible upcoming cold pattern; this could work out well. We stay in a colder pattern until mid October and then switch to a warm pattern for the end of the month.   

Lol... You know I do joke about the storm but I also half belive in the significance. If you try to add a little science to the idea; it would signify that we are experiencing troughing (...blocking) at the end of October into the first half of November. If we asume that the patterns act as a see-saw(warm to cold), this would then point towards a warmer pattern for the end of November into December. So, then the whole idea is the predominate pattern at the first part of December is going to be the predominate pattern for the winter. But, I'm sure Larry can drop kick this idea.

So going back to the possible upcoming cold pattern; this could work out well. We stay in a colder pattern until mid October and then switch to a warm pattern for the end of the month.

I still don't know if I see a strong scientific reason for an October storm correlating to a bad winter, by you supposition is about the best support for it, I guess. All the same, I'd just assume we have a quiet October. :)

I still don't know if I see a strong scientific reason for an October storm correlating to a bad winter, by you supposition is about the best support for it, I guess. All the same, I'd just assume we have a quiet October. :)

I agree. Only thing I really have is the recollection that a few bad winters were preceded by a storm in late October. I suppose if there really was something to that climatologist would have already caught the link. But as we agree; here's to a quit late October

A tropical low lifting northward from the Gulf of Mexico has the potential to bring 1-2 inches of rain to Central Alabama; the most widespread rain will be Monday night and Tuesday. But, forecasting rain amounts and placement with this type of system can be tricky. Will continue to post updates as the event gets closer.

This is not expected to become a tropical storm.

12027078_10153624699035842_1165330837287
12002635_10153624699085842_3044382862171

Sorry, but i'm sick of long dry spells. :axe:

Going to look and feel like Seattle by the time we get to next weekend! Lots of rain and very little sunshine!! Going to be a great week! I love rain and cool temperatures! May have to sacrifice a few soccer games, but we desperately needed a week like this in the Carolinas! :)

Looks like the whole week is going to be a repeat of last week. Not as much rain, but still cloudy and rainy all week. Even the weekend looks that way now. I wouldn't mind this in winter when it could bring us some snow, but I miss seeing the sun. Fall is usually the best time to spend outside, too, but not with all this rain. WRAL mentioned the chance of storms Wednesday, so maybe there will be something more exciting than rain. 

Archived