joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential biggest severe outbreak of the Summer

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to that bow ripping through central NH, an isolated cell hit the Lancaster fairground and collapsed a tent. A lot of injuries, but numbers unknown and dispatch wouldn't confirm anything with us (even though media reports are fairly widespread now of multiple injuries).

Looks like some trees down from Round 1 that came through around 430, more reports of trees down are coming in also. I thought gust were around 35-40..must have been some higher to take out some big trees?

Weather Update: Damage that we are aware of. 1 large tree down across the road on East Manchester just east of the Post Office; tree down on Cemetery Rd which took out the power for most of the area to include traffic lights on Depot St so use caution driving through that area; large tree branch on West Union St. More as we receive reports. Tree down on Landmark Lane with wires, entire road blocked.

Looks like some trees down from Round 1 that came through around 430, more reports of trees down are coming in also. I thought gust were around 35-40..must have been some higher to take out some big trees?

Weather Update: Damage that we are aware of. 1 large tree down across the road on East Manchester just east of the Post Office; tree down on Cemetery Rd which took out the power for most of the area to include traffic lights on Depot St so use caution driving through that area; large tree branch on West Union St. More as we receive reports. Tree down on Landmark Lane with wires, entire road blocked.

It looked severe when it went through there.

Looks like Bristol, Plymouth, Holderness and Ashland...up through Conway got nailed.

Coastal  I'm in Bridgewater, one town north of Bristol and one town south of Plymouth.  Just a meh thundershower.  High gust on the Davis was 29mph with .12" or rain.  I am protected from strong NW winds so maybe the other side of the ridge got high winds.  Didn't get very dark no shelf cloud to speak of....it did look darker to my north so must have just been too far SE

Coastal  I'm in Bridgewater, one town north of Bristol and one town south of Plymouth.  Just a meh thundershower.  High gust on the Davis was 29mph with .12" or rain.  I am protected from strong NW winds so maybe the other side of the ridge got high winds.  Didn't get very dark no shelf cloud to speak of....it did look darker to my north so must have just been too far SE

It went just to your NW. I always chuck a few weenies towards the ridge line when I get off exit 23. :)

Looks like some trees down from Round 1 that came through around 430, more reports of trees down are coming in also. I thought gust were around 35-40..must have been some higher to take out some big trees?

Manchester VT Police Dept

2 hrs ·

Your area on the west slope of the southern Greens at 1,000ft is a thunderstorm magnet. Cells almost always blow up there. I'd actually say southern VT there gets the most thunderstorms of any other area of New England.

RPM has a wild looking bow echo racing through between 8z-12z across SNE/LI. Also has plenty of afternoon convection - especially around the Pike. 

Ha, I just looked at that right before your post. OOOOFFFAAAA. I have a feeling this may be another event for southern areas once again...although not just relegated to that area...just feel they may have best shot again?

Ha, I just looked at that right before your post. OOOOFFFAAAA. I have a feeling this may be another event for southern areas once again...although not just relegated to that area...just feel they may have best shot again?

I'm glad I sort of went with the synoptic/mesoscale look and forecast overnight storms even though the models were pretty meh. Seems like the hires stuff is catching on. 

Archived