amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
August 2015 Observation thread.

NRVwxfan.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will do! It's a good hobby and you do awesome work. I don't know much about equipment, techniques, or lighting/effects, but to be really good at it, I think you have to have a talent for the artistry of it, if you know what I mean. I mean, you could have 5 different people take a picture of a sunset, and the best one will usually be from the person that has the knack for waiting for just the right moment, angle, or position and who frames it perfectly against the mountain or between the trees or under the bridge. There's a natural talent/artistic component involved. Anyway, I hope to see some snow pix this winter!

I agree. And you will man for sure! I have made a couple of new friends who make it their goal to drive the NC/TN border everytime it snows in their trucks so I am really looking forward to this winter.

Sorry for clogging up the thread with pics, but I got an epic lightning shot last night off the SC coast. Only posting because its weather realated lol.

d38721fe22a772013669cf1342857e33.jpg

I agree. And you will man for sure! I have made a couple of new friends who make it their goal to drive the NC/TN border everytime it snows in their trucks so I am really looking forward to this winter.

Sorry for clogging up the thread with pics, but I got an epic lightning shot last night off the SC coast. Only posting because its weather realated lol.

These pics make me want to take up photography again.  I went through a phase when I was younger where I would carry my camera everywhere.  I would go outside and take shots of the stars, but never as well as you.

0.09" after a decent shower moved through.

These pics make me want to take up photography again. I went through a phase when I was younger where I would carry my camera everywhere. I would go outside and take shots of the stars, but never as well as you.

0.09" after a decent shower moved through.

Thanks sparkle! Yeah I usually have mine with me and I kick myself when I see an awesome sunset or something and I don't have it. You should get back into it! Technology with cameras is coming along very quickly!

Thanks sparkle! Yeah I usually have mine with me and I kick myself when I see an awesome sunset or something and I don't have it. You should get back into it! Technology with cameras is coming along very quickly!

Yeah I need to buy a modern camera.  I have a Canon SLR from back then (forgot the exact model).  It was a pretty nice camera though and I'm sure it still would work well, but I really want a digital one.  My digital Canon (cheap model) broke about 5 years ago so I've just been using an iPhone for pics with friends and fam.

Archived