joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Observation thread.

NRVwxfan.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game on! haven't heard much from DT lately...

** ALERT ** BE ADVISED lots of heavy rains STRONG storms are LIKELY Thursday afternoon/ evening

Rain/ storms arrive move into Eastern KY eastern by Midday ...which reaches sw VA / western NC and western WVA by 5-6pm Thursday .... and reach southern central and southeast VA 6- 8pm ...

Rains do NOT reach Northern VA DCA/ BWEI/ central MD until 10pm and lower MD eastern shore unil 11pm

Everyone sould see at least 1" some areas up to 4-5" are possible mainly over southern WVA western NC and all southern HALF of VA

HERE ARE THE TOP 10 WARMEST AVERAGE JULY TEMPERATURES ON RECORD in CAE:

1. 86.2 DEGREES IN 1993

2. 86.1 DEGREES IN 1986

3. 85.5 DEGREES IN 2011

4. 85.3 DEGREES IN 2015*

5. 85.0 DEGREES IN 2012

6. 84.4 DEGREES IN 2010

7. 83.9 DEGREES IN 2002 AND 1954

9. 83.8 DEGREES IN 1998 AND 1992

http://www.weather.gov/cae/jul2015ClimateSummary.html

On track for another "hottest summer ever"   :lol:

Mp#s is right, Brick.  Without Lake Norman and Lake James and Lake Rhodhiss and Lake Hickory and Lake Lookout and Mountain Island Lake and Lake Wylie..., all on the Catawba River, millions of people would not have the necessary access to water to sustain the communities in western NC.  Each of those lakes is dam controlled.  So, thank you, Duke Energy.  Another great thing they have done is provide low residential rates for electricity, compared to the horrific numbers coming out of the Columbia, SC, area (as we were made aware of on this board earlier this summer).

You don't even want to know what it is this month   :(   

The high at CAE was F102 today, averaging F98 for the month, it was F100 at my house.

I haven't had an real measurable rainfall since July 2nd.  This is the hottest and dryest weather I've ever experience in my life in 4 years in South Carolina, 8 years in Atlanta, and 20 in northeastern Georgia. 

I know its been warm everywhere on the leeside, but Columbia is just unbearable.  People around here who claim that its better than dealing with snow I guess forgot about the rest of the country that has little snow in the winter and much more bearable summertime temps.

I've got to go back and count, but I believe that's 18 days above 100 and August has just begun   ;)

BTW......Only the strong survive here......the portals are no joke   :lol:   :P

I used to have 200 dollar electric bills in Columbia cooling a 700 square foot apartment. 

:(

Well what do you know, its raining.  :blink:

Thundering with some pretty strong wind gusts. Our chance of rain today???? 0.

Wed, Thurs and Friday has looked decent for some hit or miss thunderboomers  around the state......well....more like "normal" summertime chances anyway   ;)

:huh:

I second that huh   

Ha yeah...it'd be okay if it was valid. lol

:tomato:

It's hot....and I've heard thunder off and on since late this afternoon......not a drop of rain has fallen imby 

Ahh...the dick master. How's the verification going?

Ahh.. The wrong master! It only takes once and you blew it! Atleast wxsouth and JB can admit when they are wrong , and have done so often! They hype, your job is to provide correct forecasts to the general public, in a localized areas. They are let down many, many times, with or without verification.

Ahh.. The wrong master! It only takes once and you blew it! Atleast wxsouth and JB can admit when they are wrong , and have done so often! They hype, your job is to provide correct forecasts to the general public, in a localized areas. They are let down many, many times, with or without verification.

I'm pretty sure I stated we were wrong across the srn zones with that event and also said it will not be the last time we bust an event. You keep bringing it up for some reason. Why?

I'm pretty sure I stated we were wrong across the srn zones with that event and also said it will not be the last time we bust an event. You keep bringing it up for some reason. Why?

I don't remember you saying y'all were wrong. If y'all did, I missed it. And it's actually the freshest thing I can remember, and I take snow and not getting any , personally. I wouldn't know or care as much about rain. I just thought you/y'all came across like you were never wrong. I'll let it go, and wait for the next one

I have been on GSP's case before, but to be fair, winter weather forecasting is probably the toughest thing to do considering how much 1-2 degrees or even less can make such a big difference. If we had been just that 1-2 degrees or so cooler, that would have been a major snowstorm here.

I don't remember you saying y'all were wrong. If y'all did, I missed it. And it's actually the freshest thing I can remember, and I take snow and not getting any , personally. I wouldn't know or care as much about rain. I just thought you/y'all came across like you were never wrong. I'll let it go, and wait for the next one

Apparently you're all over that event...not sure how you missed my statements, but look 'em up.

Game on! haven't heard much from DT lately...

** ALERT ** BE ADVISED lots of heavy rains STRONG storms are LIKELY Thursday afternoon/ evening

Rain/ storms arrive move into Eastern KY eastern by Midday ...which reaches sw VA / western NC and western WVA by 5-6pm Thursday .... and reach southern central and southeast VA 6- 8pm ...

Rains do NOT reach Northern VA DCA/ BWEI/ central MD until 10pm and lower MD eastern shore unil 11pm

Everyone sould see at least 1" some areas up to 4-5" are possible mainly over southern WVA western NC and all southern HALF of VA

Guess he isn't trolling Civil War pages...... :axe:

Time to go move the sprinkler again.  It won't rain tomorrow either.  I knew it was going to happen.  No matter how unlikely it looks that I could miss a storm, somehow it always happens.  Nevermind the fact N Spartanburg got worked over with another severe storm an hour prior, yet somehow got a second storm to intensify over the same area.  I guess my 0.05" earlier was too much to overcome for a 2nd storm lol.

Edit:  The ground is wet which is about average for tstorms this summer.  Watch the line come together again as it clears mby.

Time to go move the sprinkler again.  It won't rain tomorrow either.  I knew it was going to happen.  No matter how unlikely it looks that I could miss a storm, somehow it always happens.  Nevermind the fact N Spartanburg got worked over with another severe storm an hour prior, yet somehow got a second storm to intensify over the same area.  I guess my 0.05" earlier was too much to overcome for a 2nd storm lol.

my parents grass is gone. and their 3000 dollar landscaping is going to hell. not to mention the construction making my parents yard look like Mars. LOL Be glad you still got grass.

Archived