• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August 2015 Observation thread.

NRVwxfan.

Sigh, had a small shower heading towards me then Roebuck stole it.  Ground is already dry again.  The day after it rained I was digging and literaly just 1-2 inch below the ground was bone dry.

Oh and a huge surpise, GSP radar down again.

Edit:  KSPA ftw again.  Heavy rain.  It rains there at least twice a week.  Meanwhile it rains at mby maybe twice every month.

Now here it comes to just within a few miles of mby just piss me off even more.  Same winners and losers all summer.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh, had a small shower heading towards me then Roebuck stole it. Ground is already dry again. The day after it rained I was digging and literaly just 1-2 inch below the ground was bone dry.

Oh and a huge surpise, GSP radar down again.

Edit: KSPA ftw again. Heavy rain. It rains there at least twice a week. Meanwhile it rains at mby maybe twice every month.

Now here it comes to just within a few miles of mby just piss me off even more. Same winners and losers all summer.

Did you by any chance ever live in the Wilkesboro NC area?

How did you know that lol. I guess the skies haven't healed enough from last week for it to rain again.

I picked up about .20 today! That gives me 1.14 in the last 4 days! Very happy with that! Time just flies by and it's almost mid August! You can really notice the sun setting earlier and rising later and it's track across the sky is more southerly, I think we've made it through the worst of summer heat, the drought may be tougher to crack, but we will see how the pattern change on the models shakes out, but strong ninos usually have dry Sep and Octobers, wrt normal! October is usually dry around here anyway , unless tropical activity comes in!

I picked up about .20 today! That gives me 1.14 in the last 4 days! Very happy with that! Time just flies by and it's almost mid August! You can really notice the sun setting earlier and rising later and it's track across the sky is more southerly, I think we've made it through the worst of summer heat, the drought may be tougher to crack, but we will see how the pattern change on the models shakes out, but strong ninos usually have dry Sep and Octobers, wrt normal! October is usually dry around here anyway , unless tropical activity comes in!

I'm just sick of spending hours everyday watering my plants and garden.  This is prob the last summer I plant this much stuff.  I wound't mind the heat as much if it would just rain consistently.  Aside from having to water when it doesn't rain, it makes my allergies 10x worse when it doesn't.

You just about doubled up my totals from this week.  KSPA with 0.57" today and mby zero drops of rain.  Looks like tomorrow is shaping up to be one of the sharp west to east cut offs if the NAM is to be believed (it's not haha).  I doubt it will rain on mby tomorrow.  Gonna be too far east.

Seriously though, what is the deal with the GSP radar?  It goes down almost every week now.

Glad someone is getting something. We've has .10" in the past 17 days. Temp over performed today - hit 90 again against a predicted 88. The low humidity was noticeable until this evening; now it's climbing back up. Mowed the weeds yesterday, haven't mowed what's left of 'grass' in 3 weeks.

Cloudy and 82°/72°.  Guess our chances will be more limited now.  Cape is barely around 1000.  NAM has pretty much nada for mby today while HRRR has me at around 0.75".  I don't really trust either of them to be right though.  Hoping to at least get a little something today because the ground is already bone dry again.

GSP radar down again lol.  Now it's starting to go down everyday instead of once a week.  Never fails that it always happens when there are storms to track.

NOUS62 KGSP 102105
FTMGSP
Message Date: Aug 10 2015 21:15:10

THE KGSP RDA HAS EXPERIENCED A PEDESTAL DYNAMIC FAULT AND IS INOPERABLE. TECHNIC
IANS ARE IN ROUTE TO ATTEMPT A FIX.

Edit:  Going to be another pathetic rainfall.  Trace to maybe a hundreth.  Somehow I get stuck 90% of the time in the weakest park of the storm and get joke amounts.

Y'all getting these storms???

GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Multiple power outages were reported on Monday as storms rolled through the Upstate and Western North Carolina.

Clemson University said power went out around 5:50 p.m. on campus. Duke Power reported about 500 people were affected on the campus.

Duke Power said 450 people in Spartanburg County were also without power. 

Flooding was reported on White Horse Road near Anderson Road in Greenville County. 

Copyright 2015 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Y'all getting these storms???

GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Multiple power outages were reported on Monday as storms rolled through the Upstate and Western North Carolina.

Clemson University said power went out around 5:50 p.m. on campus. Duke Power reported about 500 people were affected on the campus.

Duke Power said 450 people in Spartanburg County were also without power. 

Flooding was reported on White Horse Road near Anderson Road in Greenville County. 

Copyright 2015 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Just had about a minute or 2 of heavy rain then it was over.  I guess it's something.  Might have picked up a tenth or 2.  No wind, lightning or anything exciting here.

I guessed right :) 0.15" total.  Another skinny cell about to hit so maybe I can get over 0.25" total.  Kinda wished I would have put out the fertilizer now.  It probably was enough to wash it in.

Edit: Scratch that for the new storm.  Did the ole sparklecity split lol.  Looks like I'll have to be happy with my 0.15".

3rd straight day with highs in the 80s......  :thumbsup:

There may be a few more of those days coming down in the midlands this week along with somewhat lower humidity. I starting to think maybe we may through with the worst of summer although the chances for rain go down after tomorrow.

Archived